M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys.. I'm contemplating a windshield for my bike, probably just the smoked smaller one to keep some of the wind resistance down....

What's your thoughts? Do you have one, have you had one???

561276_332687963452844_125863124135330_848404_607621180_n.jpg

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
We all have opinions on what looks good or what works well.
I've used the Memphis Shades, but I didn't really care for it.
I've had 2 different V Streams, both touring and out of all the windshield I've seen it fits our bike the best.

WCD

·
Registered
806 Posts
I just picked up the V Stream. Mounted up pretty good and follows the lines of the bike nicely.
Rode with it yesterday, it seems to keep the wind off your chest. If your a taller guy it may just through the wind in your face.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
i have the small V-stream, it aint grat but it help quite a bit and at the same time, looks great. i only use mine thopugh when im "bagged". otherwise no shield.

·
Registered
242 Posts
don't do it

I wouldn't do it unless you go full on tall V stream or Rifle and then you sacrifice the look...If you are taller than 6"2" You almost have to go with the rifle.

A small v stream will just push the wind right into you face...and the tall one will do the same if you're over 6'2" JMO...I've had the tall V and the rifle.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the V-Stream and it works great for me. Although I am only around 5'10"

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I have the Suz origianal, it does a good job of keeping the wind off of me but I honestly think it takes away from the bike. The V-Stream probably looks the best but does not work as well. Just my .02

·
Registered
636 Posts
I have the short V-Stream and I am 6' tall. It keeps the wind out of your chest so you don't have to grip the bars so tight. And I find that it shoots the air toward my forehead, it is a lot less wind in the head than without the shield though. If I am going 70mph+ with the shield, I can just put my visor down 1 or 2 clicks and the air goes up over my head and I don't get any, can't do that without the shield.

So yes I think it is worthwhile for long rides and trips. I leave it off any other time.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I've got the v-stream touring,a little taller than the other . I also think it's about the best one out there looks wise for our bikes. p.s got a brand new smoked v-stream touring
I'll sell if interested.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I had a vstream touring and I did not like it at all. At 5'11" I had too much wind buffeting. I tried adjusting them high as they can go but wasn't good enough. I liked the way it looked but I just couldn't stand the wind directed at my eyeballs

G

·
Are those complaining about wind hitting the face from the V Stream wearing full face or half face helmets?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
407 Posts
I had a v-stream touring on my bike when I bought it. I wear a full face helmet and it was okay but too much wind in my face though. I sold it and got a rifle windshield. I like it much better. I am 6'5" tall and like to cruise at 70+.

Just my 3 cents worth.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I had a v-stream touring on my bike when I bought it. I wear a full face helmet and it was okay but too much wind in my face though. I sold it and got a rifle windshield. I like it much better. I am 6'5" tall and like to cruise at 70+.

Just my 3 cents worth.
I bought My1st109's V Stream and it works okay for me. Yes it directs the air toward your head, but compared to no windscreen, it's a definite plus.
For the taller person, yes it probably is too short. JMHO

WCD

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have the V-Stream touring model.
I chose it because it is thicker and can withstand the higher pressures when I cruise at 200MPH.
It starts to oscillate at 250MPH, so I tend to keep it below that speed.
Wouldn't want it to come flying off and hit me.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Windscreen

Dave it took a minute $100.00? i was going to order it then noticed the price and write up is for the carbon fiber trim.

·
Registered
77 Posts
My bike came with a Suzuki OE touring windshield which I finally put on a few months ago out of curiosity. I didnt like the look but the function was so good I almost couldnt take it off. I now have the V-Stream touring shield. Love the look but it certainly doesnt perform as well as the OE but it does add good wind protection compared to no shield. It also seems to function better at highway speeds as compared to cruising the streets. In my opinion,either are worth the investment depending on whether you prefer form over function or vice-versa.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I have the V Stream Touring. It looks good but I am still getting wind in my face. I am only 6foot. I am going to move it up all the way to the top and see how that does. It does move the wind around the rest of my body. It is the clear one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
OEM sport shield is on my bike. I hate getting worked over by wind continually. The shield allows me to ride all day at any speed without second thought. Took it off one time for a 3 hour cruise which left me with a pounding headache. I put it back on the very next day. But maybe I'm just a pu$$y. Ha.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts