M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lamont, The color chart for Memphis windscreen does not help at all, which one matches the blurple 109. blue or purple

·
Registered
817 Posts
jeeplen said:
Lamont, The color chart for Memphis windscreen does not help at all, which one matches the blurple 109. blue or purple
As helpful as PP usually is (as evidenced by the enlightening previous post ::) ) , thought I'd chip in here.

I compared all the colors in person at a bike rally last week at which they were on display. Fact is, neither is a match. Not even close. I ordered the solar. I wish they made a clear, I would have ordered that instead.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I also own a Burple ("blurple"?) and would prefer a clear (vs "solar") Shooter. I called Memphis Shades today and talked to someone in "Customer Service" who said that that would be "custom" -- and they don't DO that.

However, it is obvious that the Shooters (and all the other windscreens) ARE clear -- before they get colored. So all they would have to do is to take some off the assembly line before they get colored, and we would have clear Shooters.

She referred me to a guy named Mueller (or Miller?) and I left a message for him to call me back. I think if we could gage the demand on this web site, I might be able to convince hime to pull some out for us. If there is any interest out there (besides me) -- please speak up. I'm sure some numbers would help convince M.S. to accommodate us.

·
Registered
817 Posts
tomph1 said:
   I also own a Burple ("blurple"?) and would prefer a clear (vs "solar") Shooter. I called Memphis Shades today and talked to someone in "Customer Service" who said that that would be "custom" -- and they don't DO that.

However, it is obvious that the Shooters (and all the other windscreens) ARE clear -- before they get colored. So all they would have to do is to take some off the assembly line before they get colored, and we would have clear Shooters.

She referred me to a guy named Mueller (or Miller?) and I left a message for him to call me back. I think if we could gage the demand on this web site, I might be able to convince hime to pull some out for us. If there is any interest out there (besides me) -- please speak up. I'm sure some numbers would help convince M.S. to accommodate us.
Throw me in for one. Replacement plastics are not that expensive, wouldn't mind having the clear if it was $50 or less.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I would be interested in a clear one since there is no silver. Besides, a clear one could have the bottom painted to match whatever color the bike was.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Even with a black bike I would prefer the clear as I had to raise the shooter considerably to minimise buffeting. At this hieght I am not fond of the shading.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Del,

That it what I was going to suggest, since it's plastic any polycorbinate paint that's used on RC cars will work, you just spray it on the inside and use a clear on it. I'm sure you can find a color match, FasColor is the most popular.

Cormierone

·
Registered
456 Posts
I hacve a silver 9. What I thought id do is to get a solar or clear shield and then take it to a window tint outlet and have them put a strip of mirror tint that fades to clear along the bottom.

As soon as I get my shield ill try it and see.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I've used Solar before. I think most of you will be pleasantly surprised and will end up thinking it a good choice. It goes great with silver.
Jer

·
Registered
844 Posts
Memphis Shades called back today (Mr. Miller). He confrimed that all windshields ARE clear before they color them (duh?) -- and also said that they COULD pull some off the assembly line for us if we wanted a "batch". There are a few wrinkles -- like the fact that M.S. only sells to wholesalers, and then dealers get them from the wholesalers -- so getting the "batch" is kind of a two-step process -- but he definitely said that it is DO-able.

He also made a couple of other points (observations). He said that the solar is only "lightly" tinted, and he thinks it looks "almost" like a clear. However, he also stated that Clear transmits 92% of available light -- and the Solar only transmits 75% -- so that sounds like a fairly significant difference to me. He also said that the Department of Transportation requires windshields to transmit At Least 70% of available light to make them safe for night use. Therefore, the Solar is just a little above that limit (which again says to me that it has a significant tint to it).

Based on the amount of interest already raised in this thread -- I will e-mail Hal Greenlee, and see if he wants to try to get a batch of clear Shooters from Memphis Shades.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
I have a solar tinted shield made by national cycle that is about the same size as the MS. I will prop it on the bars as i don't have the correct mounting size for the 109 and get a few pics to post so you can kinda get an idea on what a solar MS will look like on a Silver Bullet!!! I think i am still going for the clear and i was also thinking about getting it tinted with a mirror tint at the bottom to kinda blend it and see how that would look.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Just opened the solar from Direct Line, I'll take the solar. The digital camera is down, but it looks like the e-glass in good quality sliding or french doors. Nothing outrageous. A good match for burple. A Very subtle tint, if considering this windscreen , don't let shade worry you.  :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts