M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put the Spitfire windscreen on my ride today. Had it for a week before install. It made a big difference in comfort of ride. My question is , I sense a little less responsiveness in steering with the screen on. Is this possible? Not enough to make me stop using it though.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Anything mounted to the front of a bike is going to affect steering, but it shouldn't be a whole lot.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I JUST BOUGHT THE SPITFIRE WINDSCREEN THAT I'VE HEARD ABOUT . LOOKS A LITTLE BIG FROM THE PICS. DOES IT LOOK OK ON THE BIKE OR IS IT JUST FOR FUNCTION?
I'M USED TO A FAIRING AND WINSHIELD (ALSO HAVE A SCREAMIN EAGLE 01' ROAD GLIDE,SO I GUESS I'M SPOILED.) PROBABLY WON'T WANT IT ON ALL THE TIME BUT OVER 80 SEEMS TO WANT TO MAKE ME FEEL LIKE MY FEET WANT TO GO PARRELELL WITH THE BIKE. WANTED MY SECOND BIKE TO BE DIFFERENT ... BOY DID I SUCCEED

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It looks great on the bike. You will have to shorten the arms once you put the screen on the bike. It goes on and off so easily it is a keeper. You can actually line it up with the forks, so it looks like a Suzuki product if you take the red sticker off from the manufacturer. Bought some thread savers from the hardware store to finish the cut ends of the upper bars.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Where did you purchase your windsreen and what was the total cost. I'm looking into purchasing one.

Cormierone

·
Registered
21 Posts
I called slip streamer at 1-800-241-2222, told them i had heard that the spitfire would fit my 109....she looked it up and told me exactly what parts i needed based on others who had ordered... screen will be in this week and hardware will be in next week..not sure why two different places but will have everything inside of 10 days. total cost was i think 78.00 and some change.. cheap enough that it would do in a pinch till something better comes along.                                                                             
     thanks taijiman .makes me feel better that you think it looks ok .. i got the tinted to go with my black ride.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pictures, prices and a thread to the site that sells the unit reasonably is on the April 21 post titled Windscreen. You have to use the search feature as many of the original problems and desires for this bike were discussed in detail in the early days of the site.
Look at page two of this post. Page one shows some other options

1 - 12 of 12 Posts