M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Does it really need to be that tall. Looks a tad oversized for my likes. Still, a killer early and creative bolt on.

Wacky

·
Registered
154 Posts
Maybe mod the bracket so the windshield angle matches the forks and trim a few inches off the top?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Too tall? Well, depends on how tall the rider is. I probably wouldn't need it that high, but I think you did a mighty fine job of it!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well Here's the story...I got tired of eating dirt and bouncing them damn rock's off my head. So I like the Honda windshield made for the VTX and the Aero and I got lucky and found one on ebay for half the price from the dealership and thought that I would need to remove the Cowling due to it being 14 inches wide and the average fork is about 12. I was also going to replace the headlight, but just wanted to see how it would look and turn's out kinda cool. So I had to shave off a little on the sides which are covered by the brackets. Used some 55mm fork clamps and a memphis 9907 mounting kit and removed the honda brackets, cut the slits about 1/4 inch on both side. I liked the tall windshield, kills the ringing ears and all the bugs, rocks, and dirt. Had to get a new feel for my speed and watch my speed more because I was cruising in the 80's and 90's. You can't feel the wind and I was speeding alot more then I realized.

·
Registered
817 Posts
A very practical mod for sure, but just my opinion -- I don't care for the cop-style shield on a sporty bike. I am hoping Suzi comes out soon with the shield they showed at the dealer shows last fall.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Zukii said:
Maybe mod the bracket so the windshield angle matches the forks and trim a few inches off the top?
Wanted said:
A very practical mod for sure, but just my opinion -- I don't care for the cop-style shield on a sporty bike. I am hoping Suzi comes out soon with the shield they showed at the dealer shows last fall.
I agree with both of these!! But you gotta start somewhere!! Great job!

·
Registered
152 Posts
First of all great job, but I just can't bring my self to do that to my 109, when the wind bothers me that much I'll leave the bike at home
and take the jeep. 8)

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Looks like you need to work on your fence a lil.... :D jk Your screen a lil big for the style of bike, bu I bet it works . I would like to see it tilted a little back to follow the lines better.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a mephis shade wind sheild from my vtx. I've noticed that the wind is not as bad on the 109. So, Thank you for showing me what it would look like. The fence, LOL

·
Registered
33 Posts
That shield is so big that it'll probably stop anything coming your way! Certainly shows some creativity, but for me, I like to stick with something that flows with the lines of the bike. My shield is a Memphis Shades Shooter and is quite adjustable and seems to fit the "look" of the bike.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.