M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
yes it will work to a point.

Our handle bars are tapered, 1-1/4" in the middle and 1" at the ends. But we dont have a lot of room at the ends, your grip and clutch perch, and a switch housing is there. If you push everything together, you could mount it with out any problems

47steeler uses that switch for his arnott.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Yes it can be used if you are willing to modify it. I have one and what I did was enlarge the opening on the right side of the switch. I used a large step bit. Fits perfectly now. I do not remember the current rating of the switch but if it is a large amperage item you are powering I would recommend using a relay with this switch.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Awesome 109... gottal look into a STEP BIT... how much did you step it out?

And it will be used to turn on power to the LED's and a power plate with accessories (GPS, lighter, etc) so I will use a fused relay.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
You are welcome. There wasn't a lot of material removed. You only need to enlarge is a 1/4". Just do a little at a time till you can get it to fit. I have to start taking pictures of things I have to modify.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,940 Posts
Same here, large step bit. I got two sets off Harbor Freight, one set has 3 bits that go up to about 3/4" and the other set has two bits that go to about 1 1/2". I bolted the unit together, put it in a drill press, and just stepped it until it worked. Unless you take it off you can't tell it has been drilled.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
It fit fine for me on the 1" portion of the bar with no mods.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,940 Posts
It fit fine for me on the 1" portion of the bar with no mods.
Did you move your controls? I didn't have enough room between the controls and where the bars taper out to 1 1/4". I had to step it in about 1/4".

I did think about moving the clutch perch down towards the controls to make room, but it looked like it would be close even doing that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts