M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I start let just say that I had to do this because of a doctor appoint but..... yesterday I loaded up the 109 to take it in for service (first time I didn't ride it in to drop it off) and when I removed the tie downs the handle bars were all scratched up. The material is really cheap so if you ever have to truck your bike anyplace make sure you have padded tie downs up front. This has never happened to me before when trucking any bike anywhere.

My wife told me that I just couldn't replace parts as fast as I dented them or scratched 'em. But I'll try anyway. I was looking for some drag bars or beach bars so the good news is I'll be replacing these soon. Now what else looks like it's dented????

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Yeah seems like Suzuki been that way for a while, hard to beat Honda quality. Tho not wild about the their latest bikes.

G

·
I want new handlebars too. Not because of damage but I want mine a little straighter. More drag barish. Been searching for one piece bar/risers lately.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I never hook the hooks of a tie down directly to the bike.

I'd recommend getting straps that are long enough so that you can run it from the trailer, up to the bars and back down to the trailer.  Also, when go over the bars, I usually "double wrap" it around the bar before I go back down to the trailer. 

This is a very secure tie down method and you don't have to worrt about scratching anything. 

G

·
I have decided that I want straight bars. I have just started looking but didn't find any at the usual spots, so the search continues.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been out sick so hadn't been able to get back to the board -

The tie downs I used had rubber coating over the hooks. Like I said, used these on several bikes and never had any problems. Just want everyone to know that if they do truck or trailer their bikes to be carefull or they will be buying new bars. Not sure what Suzuki charges for them but when I replace them I will go with hidden controls.

Thanks for all your input

G

·
I let our truckdriver bring my rear cowl back from Americade in the truck. It now has about 10 new scratches on it. It is gonna have to be painted to fix it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts