M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got into this big argument with my friend saying that because the m109r got such of low end torque and hp, i should cross the light before him with a crough rocket,

because of the power curve in the graf, i beleive with the torque of M109r i will take off in a faster paste, then he would on a rocket, witch would allow me to beat him between 2 light....... so tommorow were gonna get some spray paint......... and i will make 300 feets on a hwy road......... i will try to have a camcorder.........

Do you beleive this is possible.........????????

i beleive went i hit 70 km............he will hit 100.......... but he will be behind me............ because of lack of torque for take off......... so this would allow me to cross the 300 feets line before him.........

Will try to stop a the dump scale......to exactly know how much we both weight............because the blackbire driver apparently would be 250 pound.......i'm only 180.......

I will let you know tommorow ........if i got time..........

GhostRider

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Re: Will M109R beat Blackbird 1100 between two light (300 feet) from a dead star

well, it's not just about torque. i'm pretty sure our bike is much heavier than a blackbird. also, part of the bb's problem will be keeping the front end down. might try finding some 60 ft drag numbers for both bikes and comparing. if they are close, the bb's probably gonna eat you. we can talk theoretical stuff all day, but only way to find out for sure is to get out there and do it. would be interesting to see.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Re: Will M109R beat Blackbird 1100 between two light (300 feet) from a dead star

A Blackbird, if ridden properly, will probably be ahead of the M109 right from the beginning. The Blackbird is not a short-wheelbase crotch rocket like the CBR 1000RR or the other pure race replicas. The Blackbird has much longer wheelbase, which will also help getting out of the hole very fast.

Furthermore, the Blackbird could very well put more torque to the wheel in 1st gear than the M109. It all depends on the gearing. One more advantage for the Blackbird is the lower weight.

·
Registered
161 Posts

You'll get smoked even if he is just an average rider. My buddy had the CBR1000f (the blackbird predecessor) and he would stay even with me until about 30mph and then he was gone. And the blackbird has about 35 more HP than his bike and is a little lighter.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Any motorcycle race especially a short one is 50% bike 50% rider. It's all in the first 60 feet. I use to make a living racing bikes for money on the street and its not always the fastest bike that wins. Just get out in front any way you can and your half way there. Good Luck. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
516 Posts

You can do it Ghost, just try a few practice launches to the point where you can take off with SOME wheel spin but still hook up. Have faith in yourself, your machine, and you will give that Blackbird a real run from the gun :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
326 Posts
A 300 ft. race.
:a20:

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I would like to see the out come of this race :D
My Dad traded a Black bird in on the Gold wing he has now,and that thing was Bad to the Bone :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
267 Posts
I sold an '03 Blackbird to get the 109 and I think the Blackbird would jump ahead. It is not that much lighter, but it hauls and hauls. I know the 'Busa is now the fastest street bike, but the Blackbird held that title in '97 when it came out.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Dont give up....my brother has my old 89 ZX10(stage three jet kit,muzzy,....)and he cant touch me short distance...havent tried 1/4 mile yet but we will soon

·
Registered
34 Posts
I owned a '99 Blackbird and from my experience the bike isn't wheelie prone and as long as the rider isn't a moron I wouldn't race him for pinks. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts