M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Will Kewl Metal Tach Housing Fit Rivco Risers

I have a chrome Kewl Metal tach housing and I have 2" extensions on my stock risers. I guess I am going to have to go to a new set of risers ro powder coat the whole piece. I like the Rivco because they set back 2" instead of up like KM. Will my KM tach housing fit on the end of the Rivco risers?

Thanks

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Well I called Rivco and they have no info for me at all. The guy was not very pleasant to begin with but after a few minutes he warmed up a little. I think it was when I told him I was going to buy the risers if they fit. But still no yes or no in regards to my question. I am still looking for an answer.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, does anybody know? I would even take bolt hole measurements off the Rivco and measure my Kewl Metal for comparison. I will try to do a pic of some good places to measure.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have a chrome Kewl Metal tach housing and I have 2" extensions on my stock risers. I guess I am going to have to go to a new set of risers ro powder coat the whole piece. I like the Rivco because they set back 2" instead of up like KM. Will my KM tach housing fit on the end of the Rivco risers?

Thanks
I have both the rivco and kewl risers. There is no difference in set back between the two. They virtually have the same arc back. The Kewl risers are 3''. I looked on their site and see that they are not available anymore. They just have the 2''. I prefer the 3''for riding comfort, but frankly I think the 2'' look better. The kewl seem to rise higher because the 3'' risers are longer and the length appears to be evenly distributed throughout the arc of the riser. Hope that makes sense. Another thing to consider. The chrome plating on the Rivco is higher quality. Kewl metal chrome products are poorly chromed. They definitely have had their problems with chrome on both the risers and tach housings. I have been through two sets of both and the chrome lasts about a year before problems arise. If you need more details pm me. I just got tired of dealing with them. I do like their design and will just get mine replated. I went with the ball milled ones rather than the style with square or round holes. Hope this helps you out!

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
What does this Kewl Metal tach housing look like? Never heard of it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
still did not see an answer to the question

anybody?
I will answer the question with a question. Why wouldn't they fit? Other than a misalignment on the edges of the machine work the bolt pattern is the same. I have seen the kewl tach housing run on stock risers. The edges did not match but it bolted together. Hope that helps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts