M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I get home from a night out on the town and there is my package sitting on the front porch. Woohoo! I ordered a set of those Cycle House chrome knife style levers and some chrome mirror arm extensions from DLP. I open the package and the only thing that's in there is the individually packaged levers! I look at the invoice sheet and it shows 1 package for the levers and 1 package for the mirror extensions. I'm guessing that whoever packaged them thought there was only suppose to be 2 items and didn't realize that the levers come packaged seperately??? :dontknow:

My wife ordered this stuff for me so she emailed them a few minutes ago to explain to them what happened since their store hours shows thay are not open on the weekend. I thought it would be better to let them know asap rather than wait until Monday and then sending them an email or calling them. I will be calling Monday as soon as they open to let them know.

Will DLP make this right??? We've ordered from them quite a few times before and have never had any problems.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
They should make it right. I ordered 2 oil filters and some other parts a while back, and when the box got to the house everything was there except 1 of the filters. I called DLP, and they sent me another filter no questions asked, they just said sorry and I had the filter at my house within 3 days.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
yes, not all of my transactions with DLP have been perfect, however i'm confident that they'll get you sorted out, I wouldn't worry about it:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Parts are often shipped from different wherehouses. I have placed an order for 4 or more items from DLP and had 2 separate deliveries.:dontknow:

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
We all know how you feel.

I made 2 orders back to back

order 1 (Monday) was for Vstream shield & a gipro bracket.
order 2 (Tuesday) was for Engine guards, gipro kit & barnett clutch cable.

Right off the bat I was told that the engine guards were on back order for 2-3 weeks. :'( I said ok since I was getting them at a price match price and that everything else was in stock.

It has taken 2 weeks to get my first item because everything is coming from different locations.

Now I get a note in one of my invoices that the clutch cable is on back order till the 25th of this month. WTF.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
My wife and I get home from a night out on the town and there is my package sitting on the front porch. Woohoo! I ordered a set of those Cycle House chrome knife style levers and some chrome mirror arm extensions from DLP. I open the package and the only thing that's in there is the individually packaged levers! I look at the invoice sheet and it shows 1 package for the levers and 1 package for the mirror extensions. I'm guessing that whoever packaged them thought there was only suppose to be 2 items and didn't realize that the levers come packaged seperately??? :dontknow:

My wife ordered this stuff for me so she emailed them a few minutes ago to explain to them what happened since their store hours shows thay are not open on the weekend. I thought it would be better to let them know asap rather than wait until Monday and then sending them an email or calling them. I will be calling Monday as soon as they open to let them know.

Will DLP make this right??? We've ordered from them quite a few times before and have never had any problems.
yes, i think you should have no problems getting that resolved. one piece of advice i will give you is to just call DLP and be sure to talk to someone live over the phone. do not rely on email or trading messages back and forth. better yet, call DLP, and ask for Hal and explain your situation to him. i have ordered plenty of items from DLP over the years, and i have had some minor negative experiences with orders getting delayed and/or shipped incorrectly. every one is human and makes mistakes, but it is HOW a company handles those mistakes that is important and DLP has always made everything right by me.

give them a call first thing on monday and you should get everything squared away. enjoy your new parts.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Why don't you talk to them first? I don't know if this is worthy of a thread. Sort of like putting the cart before the horse.

Could be 2 deliveries from different locations, could be an oversight. Let them handle it first. Just sayin.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Why don't you talk to them first? I don't know if this is worthy of a thread. Sort of like putting the cart before the horse.

Could be 2 deliveries from different locations, could be an oversight. Let them handle it first. Just sayin.
Did I not say that the invoice says both items are in the package I recieved???

Why you waste your time to reply to an unworthy thread? Just sayin...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They have two warehouses I bet the other item will be or is on its way. Or the other item could be on back order.
I recieved an airhorn 2 days before this package arrived from their other warehouse. The 2 items I was suppose to recieve yesterday where coming from the same warehouse. And if it's on back order, why is my invoice that came in the package saying it's...in the package?

It's all good...I'm sure things will be worked out though or I hope so.

The reason I brought this up was to get some insight on the experience others had with DLP.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hope will be no problem with your order !
I'm also looking to buy those levers , can u post some pictures of them ?............. thx

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Did I not say that the invoice says both items are in the package I recieved???

Why you waste your time to reply to an unworthy thread? Just sayin...
I too am a business owner just like hal, and it bothers me that we're already calling the executioner before even knowing if the prisoner is guilty of anything.

Why not wait until you get a response from DLP and sort it out with them first? I'm confident that if there is a problem, they will take care of you.

I have ordered from DLP on more than one occasion and from my experiences, I have found them to be very good to deal with.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I too am a business owner just like hal, and it bothers me that we're already calling the executioner before even knowing if the prisoner is guilty of anything.

Why not wait until you get a response from DLP and sort it out with them first? I'm confident that if there is a problem, they will take care of you.

I have ordered from DLP on more than one occasion and from my experiences, I have found them to be very good to deal with.
20 years in business if I invoiced that work was complete and it wasnt , trust me I wouldnt be in business. DLP has a very confusing invoicing system at best.

·
Registered
445 Posts
i just recently placed a order from DLP on the 3rd of June... 3 different shipments for 3 different parts from 2 different warehouse. but, even though one shipment said both items were in it they came at 2 different times! so i am assuming that's how they do their invoices and your other part will follow.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I called them and they said that the weight on the package was correct and their inventory showed that it was also correct. So I got a little upset and told that I have ordered from them multiple times and never had any troubles. The guy finally said they would make it right. The extensions showed up today...woohoo! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I called them and they said that the weight on the package was correct and their inventory showed that it was also correct. So I got a little upset and told that I have ordered from them multiple times and never had any troubles. The guy finally said they would make it right. The extensions showed up today...woohoo! :bigthumbsup:
Glad to hear it :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts