M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the bike night at Lone Star steak house tonight. Rock 107 (or whoever) had a van with a big antenna and speakers there, playing loud commercials. The 15 or so guys there said it was cold, so the turnout was low. The radio van guy said a warm day gets 300 bike or so. They even had the parking lot marked off with a section for bikes only, and the bar girls had Bike night t-shirts on. The special was a big $5 beer. The ride out featured some impressive views of the valleys and autumnal foliage is jusat about to peak with color change. The skies were blue with windswept wisps that lit up orange and purple as the sun set.

All that aside, the shooter girls...... 8)

overall, needed more bikes, but I can see it's a good spot. Worth the trip. :super:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I live here in w-b and during the summer months there are probably 300 to 400 bikes here. On Tuesdays you can go to outsiders in s. w-b and they get almost the same crowd but allow you to be alittle crazier. They are both a blast in the summer but this time a year they don't get a big turnout. I try to go as long as they have bike night open

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
GTBozak said:
Went to the bike night at Lone Star steak house tonight. Rock 107 (or whoever) had a van with a big antenna and speakers there, playing loud commercials. The 15 or so guys there said it was cold, so the turnout was low. The radio van guy said a warm day gets 300 bike or so. They even had the parking lot marked off with a section for bikes only, and the bar girls had Bike night t-shirts on. The special was a big $5 beer. The ride out featured some impressive views of the valleys and autumnal foliage is jusat about to peak with color change. The skies were blue with windswept wisps that lit up orange and purple as the sun set.

All that aside, the shooter girls...... 8)

overall, needed more bikes, but I can see it's a good spot. Worth the trip. :super:
Wish I knew you were going to Lone Star. I attended almost every Thursday except for a few. Been going to Damon's in Clark's Summit which is another 20 to 25 miles north on I-81. What your heard about the number of bikes on a warm night is true. Several nights the number was close to 450 bikes with the bank parking lot above LS and the Long John Silvers lot, below, filled with overflow bikes.

I know the season is about shot in the crapper but if we get a warm, dry Thursday give a hoot and we may be able to hook up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts