M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya Folks

I recently installed Cold Air Intakes to my M109R which forced me to remove the existing crash guards due to the protruding air intakes. Can someone please guide me on where I can find wide crash guards/engine guards that can be installed without disturbing the air intakes?

Tx

·
Registered
2009 / VZR1800
4,060 Posts
Hiya Folks

I recently installed Cold Air Intakes to my M109R which forced me to remove the existing crash guards due to the protruding air intakes. Can someone please guide me on where I can find wide crash guards/engine guards that can be installed without disturbing the air intakes?

Tx
To each his own, here are the ones that will accomodate your long
intakes, but IMHO it doesnt suit this bike. If I were you, I would look
for those M109Dreamer suggested.
Pazoma Engine Guards Highway Crash Bars Engine Protectors for Suzuki B – pazoma

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've been trying to find full size bars, as well. I found this video with someone that has them if anyone knows the brand...

·
Registered
90 Posts
On those spikes intakes, it's just the filters that aren't great. They don't look good either, in my opinion. I started with some K&N RC-3680's on them and now I have AEM's (AEM-21-201D-XK) on. I went to AEMs because they're dry and they have an open end with no cone inside. In the end, they were about as much as any other intake lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
these are the intakes I have View attachment 421145
On those spikes intakes, it's just the filters that aren't great. They don't look good either, in my opinion. I started with some K&N RC-3680's on them and now I have AEM's (AEM-21-201D-XK) on. I went to AEMs because they're dry and they have an open end with no cone inside. In the end, they were about as much as any other intake lol
That's what I did, just change those cones... the originals weighed about 10 lbs each, felt like. Weird. The ones I am using are about the size of a small coffee cup. 2008 C109R. No issues. Sam

1 - 16 of 16 Posts