M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry for this rant guys but im really pi/.,;ed with member dorian67, as most of you know i make and ship the jem custom fender, (shameless link:redfaced:) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...669354767&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MESELX:IT
now this guy contacted me through the forum asking me to send him a fender kit, so i did what i usualy do when i get a request through this forum, emailed him some pics, info and prices, he then got back to me asking me to provide a ship quote, did that, he came back to me again and said he would like to procceed with the order, asked for my paypal detailes and said he would send the funds in a couple of days , and would i get started on the kit, so i did, mistake!!!, now i know it might not seem much to some of you guys, but each one of thease kits are made to order, were only a small family outfit and put a lot of time and effort into this, but what i dont understand is why! any way rant over, thanks for listening:-\

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
So Im taking it you made it and he backed out :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Sorry to hear Jem but I've got to agree with Joe... especially when the member has been here less then 2 months and has 1 post.

If they don't have a solid rep on our board then wait till money is in the bank. Hopefully you can make it work with another 9 owner and you are not out anything.

GL

·
Registered
285 Posts
To me there is an agreement made when I order something custom from someone and they begin work on it. Of course all people are different but come on. You may need to start taking deposits before you start. Maybe 50% or more for them to commit to it. If they back out then you deduct your time and material from the deposit and refund the remainder if any. I am so sorry, its tough enough to get a business going to loose money on stuff like this.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Nothing wrong having one in stock, that way now if someone does order one it could be shipped out right away!!!BE POSITIVE, money well spent in your own company!!!

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
Sorry to hear Jem! That sucks for sure! I can only hope you dont have to hang onto if for to long to recoup you $$ .... Its sad when you trust someone's word and they fall thru..!! Chalk it up as lesson learned (an expensive one) but keep the faith in the rest of us that have been here, cause its a great forum with GREAT trust worthy people!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
960 Posts
Nothing wrong having one in stock, that way now if someone does order one it could be shipped out right away!!!BE POSITIVE, money well spent in your own company!!!
:agree: Lesson learned. Get money first in the future but at least you have one in stock now!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To me there is an agreement made when I order something custom from someone and they begin work on it. Of course all people are different but come on. You may need to start taking deposits before you start. Maybe 50% or more for them to commit to it. If they back out then you deduct your time and material from the deposit and refund the remainder if any. I am so sorry, its tough enough to get a business going to loose money on stuff like this.
i usually get payment up front for the fenders, but this guy sounded so sincere i just got on with it, im not moaning about the money, or even the time realy, its just the fact i trusted this guy and he f/., d me over, the fender in question has already gone out to another customer, but like i said why do people bother!!

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
:agree:

at least a deposit to cover your materials, etc. and then deliver when paid in full

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
sorry to hear that man....

i think that he PM'd me about it and i shot him your way.....this sucks sorry man. someone will pick it up from you.:bigthumbsup:

and ill get you some better pics as well....

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
very good point:agree:

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
:agree: I order a couple of hundred dollars of wiring supplies and spend about 12 hours making up harnesses so they are ready to ship. I think it is always good to have it in stock so it can be shipped ASAP. I think Craigs list is way worse by the way.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mybe you should take some of your own advice on board!!
you know were im comeing from!!
:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Everything I do is custom made to order and full deposit is MANDATORY for me to begin, in the end it all works out!:bigthumbsup:

You make the best fenders Jem, but you cant take peoples words anymore these days, money talks, bullsht walks.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Everything I do is custom made to order and full deposit is MANDATORY for me to begin, in the end it all works out!:bigthumbsup:

You make the best fenders Jem, but you cant take peoples words anymore these days, money talks, bullsht walks.
guess your right bro!
p.s , your trim work is awsome!!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
680 Posts
So how much discount for this 2nd hand fender? :pIf ya dont have the space for it then i can help you out for the right price!
This is the next thing o my list but now i have the new baby that needs modding so it will have to wait.
Love them fenders and good luck!
Juice109

·
Registered
260 Posts
it is not secondhand , this is a pre made unit , no waiting , so it is not $699 but $ 799............no waiting , less down time on your bike:joke::joke::joke:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
some people arent trustworthy bro.sorry you have to go through this.
supose your right, but when people order of the forum i just tend to trust em, ive been talking to a lot of you guys on here for a long time, but you live and learn:-\

1 - 20 of 28 Posts