M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I realize this is a Suzuki board. But today Yamaha announced their new Star line-up. They showed some of the new sport stuff like ATVs and Off-road bikes too. Probably the most anticipated anouncement did NOT come. For '07 the VMax is still the old bike she has been for the past 22 years. Great bike but it needed to be upgraded 10 years ago. Then reupdated in 2005. They even launched a teaser site for the bike so people could put in their input. There is NO WAY i can wait a year for that bike to MAYBE come out.

Is it just me or are some of ya'll surprised that Yamaha has delayed the release of this bike for what seems like 3 years? (It will be 3 years since the engine debuted and 2 years since the Concept Debut by the time they announce the 2008 models).

I really wanted to see how the VMax would standup to the new PowerCruiser king, THE M109R OF COURSE!!!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Yeah, the new Max would have to be tempting..BUT what about the prototype MT-0S (I think I got that right?)...that is seriously beautiful if it ever eventuates?

·
Registered
817 Posts
By the time the V-Max does come out, the Suzuki Stratosphere will be right there to spank its a$$ anyway...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Six Cylinder's?? Nice... But I don't see the V-Max or that bike as being a cruiser, but might make some good competition for a GSX-R's.

·
Registered
752 Posts
J R said:
I filled out the survey online and was sent a letter and asked if someone from Yamaha could contact me and if id be open to letting someone come to my home and interview me about the new v-max.And it was suppossed to be later this year they wanted to come out.So I knew there was NO WAY they where gonna talk to people collect data and put it all together and get a bike tooled up and ready to be out to the public.I dont even think it will be next year to be honest unless they really really really hustle....JMO I also declined the interview...
Why did you decline?

·
Registered
752 Posts
I know. It's way old. It was out for 6 years when I turned 16 and I thought they would come out with a new one then.

Now I hear if you shell out your 11-12 grand they throw in a free mullet. :clap2:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did the survey too. I am expecting them to ask for an arm, a leg, an eye, and part of your ear. The bike looks really nice and I can't believe they need to do this much Research to come out with a bike that we'll like. HP + Torque + Lighter weight + Comfort + Killer looks + LOTS OF ACCESSORIES = one hell of a bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts