M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to do my first Chaplain gig at the Summit Series Bracket races at Irwindale today. Had a young guy on a Honda Liter Bike. First practice pass he power wheelies at the sixty foot light. It flipped over so darn fast he had no time to let go. Just one second hunched over the tank and the next the bike had him pinned to the ground bouncing on his chest and then landing 30 feet away. The good news is the emergency crew got to him fast and he only has a broken collar bone and some broken ribs. Sure makes you think about why we bought some slower bikes. I went for a ride yesterday with a group and did an easy little one foot wheelie in first. Lord this thing will come up easy if you try. Any way this guy just got his bell rung 2 weeks ago from a High side and had a concussion. The bike that won was a tricked out Yamaha Banshee. 443cc's and he ran [email protected] in the 1/8 mile. That thing screamed. The whole bike jump's off the ground when he hits second gear. Any way I guess I am well broken in as a chaplain now.
Bob

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now thats what i'm talkin about. Good old yellow LE pucker power. What did you run? I'm wanting to take mine to the track after today just to see what it will do. Just have to mount the new pipe and it is done.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Now thats what i'm talkin about. Good old yellow LE pucker power. What did you run? I'm wanting to take mine to the track after today just to see what it will do. Just have to mount the new pipe and it is done.
This run netted a 12.889 1/4 - 107.19 - my best run, before I fried the clutch, was a 12.483, 107.33, I think Bull'e best run that day was a 11.77 - 114 mph. Fun night all in all, a little pricey (new clutch) and the wife informing me that I was supposed to be a spectator :dontknow: oops, couldn't take it - I got the need............. FOR SPEED!!!!:D

Thanks to all for the comp's

·
Registered
126 Posts
what are you runnin in that thing? Nice...
If you want to call them "performance" mods - Big Shots, PCIII, Dual Tornado Airkit and Dyna-Tuned - not much. I've heard of guys pulling up stockers and riding em' out, haven't seen though. 800 lb bike plus rider - now that would be something to see!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
KC were you slipping the clutch slightly on the launch or did you just dump the sucker and run it out?

·
Registered
595 Posts
KC were you slipping the clutch slightly on the launch or did you just dump the sucker and run it out?
Yea...how the hell did you do that?? :dontknow:

BADDASS PICTURES!!!! :congrats:

·
Registered
948 Posts
Bob,

Great photos and so glad you were on the job for that kid! That is what it's all about.

Blessings,

Dan

·
Registered
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamnyellozonker

Yea...how the hell did you do that?? :dontknow:

BADDASS PICTURES!!!! :congrats:
This was the 3rd or 4th run against Bull'e, he'd been kick'in my arse all night and it was all at the light. So, ya - I dumped the clutch and away I went. Again, they had just re-tacked the launch pad, 118* on the track and no spin - all grip. Clutch was gone 2 runs later :-/

G

·
If you want to call them "performance" mods - Big Shots, PCIII, Dual Tornado Airkit and Dyna-Tuned - not much. I've heard of guys pulling up stockers and riding em' out, haven't seen though. 800 lb bike plus rider - now that would be something to see!
Nice, I've actually brought the front end of my bike up...what felt like a foot...but I know in reality land it was like an inch..or half inch lol.....just exhaust/cobra tuner.....that's about it....these bikes are friggin bad ass

·
Registered
127 Posts
Wow. I saw a youtube vid of guys riding out full wheelies down a residential street in europe. That's a lot of weight, with a bunch of leverage. Wow, can't say I'd hang in for that. Good to know if we head to the strip, keep up on the tank I guess!:eek:

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
The best place for that front tire is 6" off the grown for 1 and 2 is your best off the line. And with the 10" rim, It will rip your clutch up as you found out.

We don't need to rev the hell out of the bikes. We have all the power we need at mid range. Looks like fun though. Glad you have fun and didn't get hurt.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts