M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was mentioned on another thread about looks!
Why is it that this bike gets so many looks and compliments? I had a very nice custom turbo busa and won every show i entered and rode the thing daily, blah-balh-balh. best of both worlds! Looked great and would run with the best of them but why is it that my slightly modified 9 gets so many more looks and compliments? It really amazes me on how people are attracted to this bike! Cant even begin to count how many times people stop to take pictures or just stare and ask questions etc...
Or is it just me and I have the nicest 9 on the planet?:D

How amny have the same experience?

Juice109

·
Registered
497 Posts
crotch rockets

I got a tricked out GSXR with custom paint bla bla bla. And i definitly get more compliments on my almost stock 9 then i ever get on the GSXR. Guess its cause crotch rockets are like Arsholes. all have em. Dont hear to many compliments about a Guys ARS. ROFL:agree:

This was mentioned on another thread about looks!
Why is it that this bike gets so many looks and compliments? I had a very nice custom turbo busa and won every show i entered and rode the thing daily, blah-balh-balh. best of both worlds! Looked great and would run with the best of them but why is it that my slightly modified 9 gets so many more looks and compliments? It really amazes me on how people are attracted to this bike! Cant even begin to count how many times people stop to take pictures or just stare and ask questions etc...
Or is it just me and I have the nicest 9 on the planet?:D

How amny have the same experience?

Juice109

·
Registered
285 Posts
Your bike is amazingly beautiful. I also get a lot of attention and I have to say... I love it. Someone said it looked like it was from the year 2050 :)
I knew when I first saw this bike it would be very difficult for me to let go of and flip as that was our original intention. Once I rode it the thought of flipping completely left my mind. They are so unique from the headlight cowl to the rear tire. They catch everyones attention and I am so glad for that, you dont have to be a bike expert to realize what a fantastic job Suzuki did.

·
Registered
175 Posts
They get looks probably for the same reasons we all bought them. They don't have the typical status quo HD V-Twin look that everyone else has. You know, forks, single chrome headlight, exposed frame and motor, small boring fuel tank, and pretty standardized rear fender with light mounted right on top like they forgot that it had to have one. The M109 looks "designed" front to back. Sleek and well proportioned.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I took the bike to work today and man, its almost like a magnet! Everyone snapping photos from their phones and making nice statements...
Gas stations, restaurants... Anywhere you go she will call attention...
Got to love our bikes!:hot::hot:

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
It is also dangerous as several occasions I notice cars in front, beside and behind me checking out the bike instead of... let's see, the road...

I had to point to the light just yesterday as the everyone in the car in front of me at the light was looking at my bike behind them... Crazy!

Then the occasional car riding beside you down the interstate checking out your bike while blocking you in and eliminating any possible escape route! -irritating

Then the Occasional COP:eek: that flags you down just to look at your bike and ask "what is it?"- scary

Riding this bike is full of emotions- Funny

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Man, i thought it was just mt bike!:joke:
My wife always makes fun of me becuase she thinks my head grows everytime I go out on the bike because of all the compliments! She's right!:D
Juice109

·
Registered
643 Posts
As my buddy told me the first time he saw my bike in person (looking from a few feet behind it)......It resembles a voloptuous broad. Tank is wide up top, then gets sleek in the middle, then gets curvy at the ass end.

And who doesn't stop to check out a chick with a big rack and a nice ass? :drool: :bigthumbsup: Then again, we were drinkin beers out on his boat all day, so maybe he was just talkin jibberish. :dontknow:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yep, I know what your talkin about. I've only had my bike for a month and I can't get over the number of people who comment on great it looks. I think having it debadged adds some mystery to it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I took the bike to work today and man, its almost like a magnet! Everyone snapping photos from their phones and making nice statements...
Gas stations, restaurants... Anywhere you go she will call attention...
Got to love our bikes!:hot::hot:
Happens to me all the time .

·
Registered
408 Posts
It is also dangerous as several occasions I notice cars in front, beside and behind me checking out the bike instead of... let's see, the road...

I had to point to the light just yesterday as the everyone in the car in front of me at the light was looking at my bike behind them... Crazy!

Then the occasional car riding beside you down the interstate checking out your bike while blocking you in and eliminating any possible escape route! -irritating

Then the Occasional COP:eek: that flags you down just to look at your bike and ask "what is it?"- scary

Riding this bike is full of emotions- Funny
exact same problem here in montreal! :dontknow: my worst problem, since i've had the bike (05-2009) it only attracts other guys and older women!!! they must think it's a harley! :dontknow:

·
Registered
227 Posts
I had a guy tailing me on the interstate yesterday (in the middle lane with the left lane wide open), so close that it was making me really nervous. I moved over just for him to pull up along side me doing this :drool:. I like the attention, but there's definitely a place for it and the interstate is NOT that place!

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Yep, I know what your talkin about. I've only had my bike for a month and I can't get over the number of people who comment on great it looks. I think having it debadged adds some mystery to it.

Thats one pretty LE :bigthumbsup:

Reminds me to polish mine!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Yep, it comes with the territory, and what is often referred to here as "rock star status". :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

Try being a WOMAN on one of these beautiful machines...it multiplies the head-turning, photo taking, and :2cool: even more, LOL! :doorag::D

·
Registered
337 Posts
The rockets are everywhere and to me they all kinda look alike except for the color. Sorry if I offend anyone with a crotch rocket, just throwing my two cents in. The 9 really stands out among the cruisers. I browsed every manufacturers website that I could think of and didn't find anything that looked as good as my 9. I bought mine brand new and only made it two blocks from the dealership before I had a vehicle pull up next to me at a light asking what kind of bike it was, where I bought it, etc. Enjoy the attention and ride safe.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Yep, it comes with the territory, and what is often referred to here as "rock star status". :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

Try being a WOMAN on one of these beautiful machines...it multiplies the head-turning, photo taking, and :2cool: even more, LOL! :doorag::D
Yep BikerGranny I could just imagine you really get a lot of attention. Actually thought about that a while ago while reading one of your posts .But that is just so good for our egos.... Nothing like having a Harley Owner stop and ask what model it is and find out is metric.... hahahahaha, Definitely love the bike and the raw power

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Its a pain in the butt. My bike is getting ugly and they still all look at it and ask Q. I got a primed tank, off road spot lights for head lights. cracked and parts missing on the fender. Bikes been hit with fishing totes, a old honda 350 hit the bike from behind, and took a good head on with a international four wheel drive.

No matter what you do to the beast, they all still love the bike. All i do is smile and say thank you.

If you don't like all the attention don't get this bike :joke:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts