M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to find the answer in the search...BUUUUUUUT,,,,,Since a friend and i are thinking about installing a 160 metz. front tire.....We were wondering why do the tire have to be mounted in the reverse rotation????

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
It has to do with the internal construction of the tire. It is a rear tire and is therefore designed to handle the stress under acceleration. The front exerts more stress onto a tire during braking, hence turn a rear tire around when running on the front.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
It has to do with the internal construction of the tire. It is a rear tire and is therefore designed to handle the stress under acceleration. The front exerts more stress onto a tire during braking, hence turn a rear tire around when running on the front.
That is what is stated on the q&a section on there site... :agree:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANKS,,,For the info..
I thought it had something to do with the construction of the tire and the way it handles a load wile under braking...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.