M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the raw design forward controls from DLP. I took the bike and the parts to my local suzuki dealer to have them put on.After about 4 hours of working on the bike, the mechanic said that he could not get them to work properly. I clled DLP and spoke with David who tells me that they sent me the wrong hardware for the m109.They sent me the hardware for the honda fury.I had to call Raw design for them to ship me the correct hardware, dlp would not. As of now Im waiting for the correct hardware,My bike is still in the shop,Im about at the least 350.00over in labor charges and the bike is not finished.When I spoke with david his attitude was like the hell with you, we have your money. What a bunch of b.s..I will never buy from there again.

·
Registered
483 Posts
That's bull sh*t!! Call Chris Greenlee who is Hals son. Search for Chris or Hal to receive his number. It's not right that you have to go this route but I would not stop with this one post. Good luck

·
Registered
483 Posts
That's bull sh*t!! Call Chris Greenlee who is Hals son. Search for Chris or Hal to receive his number. It's not right that you have to go this route but I would not stop with this one post. Good luck
Here's a post below with his phone number

Okay, Chris here from Direct Line Parts. I am Hal's son.

I cannot speak to anyone's specific issues that have happened to you. I can only tell you we will do whatever we can to make a situation right.

I do not know what was damaged in the package referred to in the original post, but if you would email me or call me I would be happy to take care of any problem you have as fast as I can. My contact info will be below. Our biggest problem when we see posts like this is that 50% of the time we never hear from a customer. So we never know what happened, how we can fix it, or was it never that really that big of an issue to begin with. We want to know so I can see to it that we never do it again and to keep customers who have had a problem happy and continuing to use DLP.

I understand our customer service is not perfect. Humans do make errors. I make more than my share, but I fix them when I do. We can fix anything if we know about the problem. As for warranty items, each manufacturer handles their warranties differently. Some will not credit us until they inspect the item to make sure an item was warrantable. If you call us or email me I will gladly help you anyway we can.

We understand that there are other places to shop out there and that people shop different places for many different reasons. We hear horror stories about our competition as well as ourselves all the time and we try to learn from each one.

Call me anytime you need something.

Chris Greenlee
1-888-258-6699 Ext 202
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Chris is da man i have never had a problem with them.and your stealer sucks if there going to charge you for for a job that they cant complete.This is why i do all my installs it's much cheaper 350.00 dollars is a rip off.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
and another.........

WTF is with these guys...

and as far as your dealer goes they shouldnt charge you twice for the work. if they do id send the bill to DLP.

·
Registered
310 Posts
never had a problem with dlp other than slow order processing....guess I'm one of the lucky ones!

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts
I bought the raw design forward controls from DLP. I took the bike and the parts to my local suzuki dealer to have them put on.After about 4 hours of working on the bike, the mechanic said that he could not get them to work properly. I clled DLP and spoke with David who tells me that they sent me the wrong hardware for the m109.They sent me the hardware for the honda fury.I had to call Raw design for them to ship me the correct hardware, dlp would not. As of now Im waiting for the correct hardware,My bike is still in the shop,Im about at the least 350.00over in labor charges and the bike is not finished.When I spoke with david his attitude was like the hell with you, we have your money. What a bunch of b.s..I will never buy from there again.
Chris is da man i have never had a problem with them.and your stealer sucks if there going to charge you for for a job that they cant complete.This is why i do all my installs it's much cheaper 350.00 dollars is a rip off.
:agree: They are charging him at least $350 more dollars then what he was quoted from what I read. I would never go back to that dealer if they are treating you in this manor. From what it sounds like maybe Raw placed or miss labeled there product that they shipped to DLP. :dontknow: So someone is sending you the correct hardware. Stuff happens and at least DLP or Raw is making it right. I would be more pissed at your dealer for charging you that much more.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
I've ordered six items from DLP, and they all got here FAST and were exactly what I ordered.

So, I'll be ordering from them again in the future.

DLP, keep up the good work.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
343 Posts
One phone call,. 2e-mails and still looking for a response from chris since about june 2009. .maybe I should cross out this company on my list.

My last post here was disturbing, I didn't know he was the owners son and was taking over the biz. I fingered from no response he was fired by the was he acted on the phone the first time and it had just caught up with him. but he is still out there.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I cannot fault the dealer for charging for their hours. They do have a shop to run, but either DLP or Raw should pay for the f-up in the part shipment. If it is pre-packaged from Raw then I would say it is their issue.

Not that I am sticking up for DLP! or the stealership for that matter...

·
Registered
927 Posts
I've ordered six items from DLP, and they all got here FAST and were exactly what I ordered.

So, I'll be ordering from them again in the future.

DLP, keep up the good work.:bigthumbsup:
LOL...:eek: Dont believe shtt stinks till you smell it huh? In all my days of buying things online I have rarely seen a place or even heard of a place that has as many problems as these guys....and Ive been ordering things online for a long time. And the fact that someone would say "keep up the good work" despite the problems others have had. Not sure what to make of that.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
and another.........

WTF is with these guys...

and as far as your dealer goes they shouldnt charge you twice for the work. if they do id send the bill to DLP.
He brought his own parts, not the dealers fault. They should not have to do any free work.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
:agree: They are charging him at least $350 more dollars then what he was quoted from what I read. I would never go back to that dealer if they are treating you in this manor. From what it sounds like maybe Raw placed or miss labeled there product that they shipped to DLP. :dontknow: So someone is sending you the correct hardware. Stuff happens and at least DLP or Raw is making it right. I would be more pissed at your dealer for charging you that much more.
How? It's not any fault on their part. As a 25 year auto tech, when customers bring their own parts, all the responsibility is on them. Why should a tech do free work at the fault of someone else? If the parts supplier won't cough it up, then it's on the customer. Shops are in business to make money, not work for free.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts