M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read an article that illuded to chrome covered plastic turning milky if cleaned incorrectly.
Is there a right and wrong way of cleaning chrome covered plastic. What cleaners will turn it milky?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Re: Why does chromed covred plastic turn Milky?

I'd have a guess and say if chromed plastic turns milky then an abrasive cleaner has been used.
I only use Zaino Bros final detailer on my chromed plastic.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been using regular dish soap to clean my 109. It didn't seem to damage my previous bike with chrome covered plastic. Aside from abrasives, what would turn chrome covered plastic milky. Never heard of this?

·
Registered
600 Posts
For anyone who has burned the rear tire off of their M and got the front wheel airborn for a quarter-mile, I would guess that there have been a few "milky" chrome covered plastic parts lately :joke:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Some cleaners , waxes, compounds...will specify the use of thier product, surprisingly alot will say, not recommended for chromed or metalized plastics.

·
Registered
817 Posts
EAGLEFAN67 said:
Some cleaners , waxes, compounds...will specify the use of thier product, surprisingly alot will say, not recommended for chromed or metalized plastics.
Yeah, this is it. I believe the article (in the AMA magazine) was probably referring to the parts that get warm. Heat will make many waxes turn milky. Easily fixed though...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts