M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, I haven't even had my bike a full month yet, and still haven't done the 1st service....and what did I find this morning??? :yikes: A freaking 16 penny nail rammed straight through the wall of my rear tire. :cus: I swear I am a magnet for potholes and nails. Thank god there were a bunch of people admiring the bike this am. That got me to looking at it when someone commented on the rear tire, and then I saw it.

I went ahead and forked out the $700 for the 5 year tire/wheel warranty. I did that because my luck with tires totally sux. I've probably put at least 8 sets of tires on cars in the last several years. All due to flats, or big potholes, or 'cause there was something in the road. It doesn't matter what lane it might be in, I can be sure I will hit it. No matter if I try to swerve to avoid it, it will move to make sure I run smack dab on top of whatever it might be.

Regardless, I sure am glad I bought that extra tire/wheel warranty, otherwise I'd be out $$$ for a new tire. Oh well, I guess it's sort of a blessing in disguise, now I can put the 260 metz on there for basically nothing and not feel bad for replacing the new stock Dunnie for no reason. :hot:

I rode it very, very slowly back to the dealer since I was only about a half mile away. Then I had to leave the bike parked across the street since they lock their gates overnight. @ 9 AM I will head back over there with my camera and take some pictures for you guys.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
grampi said:
How much does that big 240 sell for?
Honestly, I haven't a clue. I am sure it's probably around $200 at the dealer for the stock Dunnie 240 that comes on the bike. I called them around 10 days ago asking how much they could do the Metz 260 for and they quoted me like $360 which is totally ridiculous. The 260 can be purchased WAY cheaper from direct line (board sponsor).

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
That's the problem with these new high performance cruisers, they provide all this gut wrenching torque and HP to do long, smokey burnouts, but the stinkin' tires are so damn expensive these days you can't afford to do them. What happened to the good ol' days when tires were $50? I love doing burnouts, but hate paying $200+ to replace tires :(

·
Registered
703 Posts
My stealer wants $440 for a stock dunnie :evil: I told him I can get that for $140(didn`t tell him thru our sponser) and he told me I am crazy :eek: These stealers are amazing how they can charge what they do and get away with it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, wonders never cease. Dealer was able to get the nail out and said it should be okay. Not sure I feel safe with a tire that has been punctured, but I was gonna get a Metz 260 anyway....Only now I am going to have to pay for it. :mad:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Commenting on your bad luck with tires, do you drive through a lot of alleys or construction sites? :dontknow: Could this be a clandestine act carried out by a jealous HD owner? :joke: I guess we will never know. :mad: :doorag:

G

·
WARRANTY sucks anyway....its a reimbursement warranty ,,and I was quoted by the stealer 632.00 dollars for the tire and mounting and balancing..and its on backorder...asked the warranty company if I could sustitute a tire of lesser value ...nope has to be the dunnie d221 that came stock(special design just for the handling of teh m109,,they said,,and cant be liable if something was to happen from another tire brand or compound,,,B.S) ..so now what?I wait and not ride for 3 weeks till a tire comes in?the dealer puts it on,,I pay for it,,a warranty claim comes,,fill it out and hope my money comes in the next year or so...????I dont think so.....I canceled my warrant(still have yet to see that refund)and from direct line a dunnie elite 3 for 150.00 bucks.... Case closed...

·
Registered
721 Posts
bconnally1 said:
Well, wonders never cease. Dealer was able to get the nail out and said it should be okay. Not sure I feel safe with a tire that has been punctured, but I was gonna get a Metz 260 anyway....Only now I am going to have to pay for it.  :mad:

Was that warranty through Suzuki or the STEALER ??

I would go back and call BS !!! Call Suzuki.... You have pictures (good thing)
And I would not feel right about running that tire, yes it will PROBABLY be ok.. But what if it aint???

Make them replace it!!!!!!!  :verymad: :swear: :realmad:

Should you have a situation that you believe requires American Suzuki's immediate assistance you may call Customer Service at 714-572-1490. Customer service representatives are available from 8:30AM to 5 PM PST.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pr0wl3r-X said:
Was that warranty through Suzuki or the STEALER ??

I would go back and call BS !!! Call Suzuki.... You have pictures (good thing)
And I would not feel right about running that tire, yes it will PROBABLY be ok.. But what if it aint???

Make them replace it!!!!!!!  :verymad: :swear: :realmad:

Should you have a situation that you believe requires American Suzuki's immediate assistance you may call Customer Service at 714-572-1490. Customer service representatives are available from 8:30AM to 5 PM PST.
Yeah, I rather think it's BS as well. :mad:

When I bought the bike, the stealer said this warranty would cover ANY tire on the bike. Even if I went out and bought a $500 custom tire, it would be covered under this warranty. It's not through Suzuki, the paperwork I got from the stealer says InTIRE R.O.A.D. Vehicle Tire & Wheel w/ Roadside Assistance Guarantee.

It's got some contact info on it for the "claims administrator" so I think I'll call them and see. I don't really like the idea of cruising down the hi-way at 70+ wondering if this tire is going to blow on me and send me sailing through the air.

I appreciate your comments. I don't really like to make a fuss over things, but when it comes down to my safety I don't want to take any unnecessary chances, I've had my fill of close calls, thank you very much.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
traysvega said:
WARRANTY sucks anyway....its a reimbursement warranty ,,and I was quoted by the stealer 632.00 dollars for the tire and mounting and balancing..and its on backorder...asked the warranty company if I could sustitute a tire of lesser value ...nope has to be the dunnie d221 that came stock(special design just for the handling of teh m109,,they said,,and cant be liable if something was to happen from another tire brand or compound,,,B.S) ..so now what?I wait and not ride for 3 weeks till a tire comes in?the dealer puts it on,,I pay for it,,a warranty claim comes,,fill it out and hope my money comes in the next year or so...????I dont think so.....I canceled my warrant(still have yet to see that refund)and from direct line a dunnie elite 3 for 150.00 bucks.... Case closed...
What's this reimbursement warranty? Is that the factory warranty or some kind of extended warranty plan you purchased? I've never heard of a reinbursement warranty. Sounds like BS to me.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Chuck said:
Commenting on your bad luck with tires, do you drive through a lot of alleys or construction sites?  :dontknow: Could this be a clandestine act carried out by a jealous HD owner? :joke: I guess we will never know. :mad: :doorag:
To answer your question, No I drive normally and generally try to avoid any place that is under contruction and I avoid going down alleys like the plague. It just seems to be my karma. Guess I am just abnormally unlucky because I don't drive fast or reckless. Who knows, maybe I pissed off the tire god, I don't know. Actually, I thought maybe my luck was changing because it has been a while since I had a flat, about 6 months or so. Guess not. :(

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
grampi said:
What's this reimbursement warranty? Is that the factory warranty or some kind of extended warranty plan you purchased? I've never heard of a reinbursement warranty. Sounds like BS to me.
When I bought the bike, the stealer offered me a tire/wheel warranty. Basically they said that the tire and wheel are covered for 5 years. If either of them are damaged, you get them replaced for free. If you have to have your bike fixed immediately you have to pay upfront and them get re-imbursed. If you can wait, then they pay for it. It also covers towing and roadside assistance. I was also told it covers ALL wheels and tires you put on the bike, not just stock. So, say you upgrade the tire/wheel to something else and you are riding along and WHAM you hit a pothole and bend the wheel and ruin your tire. You call these people and they will tow your bike to the nearest Suzuki dealer. Then if you can wait they will pay to replace them, otherwise you have to pay upfront and then get your money back. Supposedly it covers pretty much everything except for normal wear and tear. Oh, if you do a bunch of burnouts and stuff that's not covered either. I thought it sounded pretty good for 700 for 5 years. However this first experience does not bode too well. I would have felt much safer with a new tire. I plan on calling these guys and seeing what they can do about it.

If you have any other questions about it, or I missed something let me know. Hope this helps explain it better.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Sounds like a scam to me... they will pay for things but only if you wait... what kind of crap is that... of course everyone wants things fixed NOW, not having to wait for a week or two....

Sheez...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Man, I don't know....looking at that picture, I would not accept that from the dealer. What do they mean, "should" be okay. Ask them if they "guarantee" it will be okay, if they can "guarantee" that the tire will NOT fail as a result of that puncture. Are they prepared to accept full liability if you have a tire failure as a result of the puncture doing 80? These stealers - they are just unbelievable :swear:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
traysvega said:
I was quoted by the stealer 632.00 dollars for the tire and mounting and balancing..
Holy Sheet!! :yikes: You have got to be freakin kidding me. $632 to buy mount and balance the rear tire. Run as fast as you can to another dealer. That one is trying to rob you big time.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Investor said:
Man, I don't know....looking at that picture, I would not accept that from the dealer. What do they mean, "should" be okay. Ask them if they "guarantee" it will be okay, if they can "guarantee" that the tire will NOT fail as a result of that puncture. Are they prepared to accept full liability if you have a tire failure as a result of the puncture doing 80? These stealers - they are just unbelievable :swear:
Yeah, you got that right. Perhaps I should just ride it for a while and when I dump because of the tire, I'll call one of those ambulance chasers from TV and sue them. :joke: Just kidding. There's no way in hell I plan on riding this one for an extended period or for very fast until I get something sorted out. I probably won't even ride it at all until I can get it sorted out. Plus I'm just about due for my first service, have another 100 miles or so. I just don't feel up to bitching at someone today, will contact them on Monday and see how things turn out. Will keep everyone posted.

G

·
Medic1210 said:
Holy Sheet!!  :yikes: You have got to be freakin kidding me. $632 to buy mount and balance the rear tire. Run as fast as you can to another dealer. That one is trying to rob you big time.
I just found my notes,,ad it was 532....for tire and labor to mount and balance.....anyrate,,this price was 2 different dealers........kinda why I'm haing difficulties with them,,3 local,,all want to bend me over....

bconnaly1 call the warranty company and ask them to replace your tire with a different brand,,They told me right away it was a liablity issue if they did not replace it with what came on the bike.... I also ask the lady on the phone,,,"what if say I was in cali on a road trip,,,tore the rim and tire up.....no dealer in the area had that wheel ,tire,,," she stated"dont know,,tow it back to your house?" "I live in ky"......SHE " wow dont know what to tell you..." . The warranty company does auto also and they will ,on a car sutsitute a brand of the same size,,but not on a bike.....thats why I canceled mine....Good luck with it.....

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
traysvega said:
I just found my notes,,ad it was 532....for tire and labor to mount and balance.....anyrate,,this price was 2 different dealers........kinda why I'm haing difficulties with them,,3 local,,all want to bend me over....

bconnaly1 call the warranty company and ask them to replace your tire with a different brand,,They told me right away it was a liablity issue if they did not replace it with what came on the bike.... I also ask the lady on the phone,,,"what if say I was in cali on a road trip,,,tore the rim and tire up.....no dealer in the area had that wheel ,tire,,," she stated"dont know,,tow it back to your house?"  "I live in ky"......SHE " wow dont know what to tell you..." .  The warranty company does auto also and they will ,on a car sutsitute a brand of the same size,,but not on a bike.....thats why I canceled mine....Good luck with it.....
Thanks for the input, it's definitely appreciated. I plan on calling them on Monday when I have more fight in me, I'm just too freakin tired this weekend, plus it's been my experience that you deal with the flunky people on the weekends for most things. I am pretty sure I'll wind up asking to speak to a supervisor unless I just happen to be lucky enough to deal with someone who actually WANTS to help. I am sure we all know how rare those type of folks are, especially when it comes to stuff like this.

Thanks for the vote of good luck, I'm sure I'll need it. Cheers!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts