M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am probably some dumb unsuspecting canadian, but what is the significants of covering up the numbers on your plates when photographing your bike, I see it on this web and also on e-bay. please explain.

·
Registered
924 Posts
:realmad: uhhhhh,  So you dont get a ticket ... so people cant call the cops on you for doing STUPID bike tricks... responsible peopledont need them  :bigthumbsup:

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
paranoia. Some people believe that other people would go to the trouble of tracking down your personal info through your tag registration, find out where you live and steal your stuff

·
Registered
642 Posts
BlkM109r said:
paranoia. Some people believe that other people would go to the trouble of tracking down your personal info through your tag registration, find out where you live and steal your stuff
This is true but you can easily trace people with google if you have their home phone number.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
yeah that are a lot of "easier" ways to do it other than license plates. That's why I don't understand the paranoia.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
I don't get it either :dontknow: you can sit at a gas station and right down plate numbers. There must be more to it that we don't know about. ::)

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Lamonster said:
I don't get it either :dontknow: you can sit at a gas station and right down plate numbers. There must be more to it that we don't know about. ::)
I agree, you have to show the numbers when your driving so what keeps the bad guys from getting your info then?

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I think it all started back in the 60s. They always put those #1 plates on everything because the cars were VERY SPECIAL, rare, and hard to get. Before computerized everything that was a way to find out where that special car was. If I had a fully restored Ferrari Dino, Original 427 cobra, or one of those convertible/hemi/cudas that that detective drove (made like 10 total or something) I would hide the plate too.
These bikes, even customized are too common to worry about in my opinion.

Sledzep

·
Registered
664 Posts
Ya know.. if ya just put a cute bikini model on the back of your bike you never have to worry about anyone looking at your plate :D :joke:

·
Registered
386 Posts
well here's my 2 cents and one of the pennies is from experience.

You suck.

Oh yeah? You suck.

You suck more and your mom sucks.

I know he just didn't say something about my mom... online at that, what a pussy cat. I'm gonna pay him a visit.

Said loser goes to photo forum, gets your info, spends a few bucks or some time doing his own work and he's on his way to pay you a visit or just to at least burn your car, kick your dog, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts