M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been almost 2 months now since my last ride on the beast and the lack of being able to ride is taking it's toll. The only thing that gives me any shred of sanity is the fact football is still on. Soon that too will be over and all that will be left to do is stare at my baby for 2 more months while I wait for some decent riding weather. I guess I can take some comfort knowing that I'll be having my air box covers "Ducked", and I'll be doing the tach relocation mod sometime during the next month or so, but nothing can take the place of riding.....have I mentioned I really hate winter? :edit:

·
Registered
133 Posts
For us winter just started(first snow fall 40cm) witch is very strange because we usually have 150+ cm down by now,had my last run on the nine dec 29th and my first run on the skidoo yesterday..only thing that keeps me sane.... come on with the snow:joke:

·
Registered
503 Posts
I don't

Played 18 holes on Fri.
Rode the nine with 30 other bikes for a 120mi get togeather on Sat.
Might go for another spin today, going to be around 73deg. :p

·
Registered
133 Posts
Played 18 holes on Fri.
Rode the nine with 30 other bikes for a 120mi get togeather on Sat.
Might go for another spin today, going to be around 73deg. :p
Thats just not fair:-[, it's +1c here today and fluries

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I hear you Grampi, its gettin bad with me too, every now and then i go out and start her up and twist the throttle a few times, it does help a little to get on here and talk to others who are going thru the same thing .:-\

·
Registered
772 Posts
I agree too, way too much snow and cold this winter for me...we don't have this many snow events on average. I know the first decent day that comes along I'll be hitting the road....

CP

·
Registered
534 Posts
-19 degrees....with windchill feels like -30.
December to March....tough to live here when my passion is riding

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hear you Grampi, its gettin bad with me too, every now and then i go out and start her up and twist the throttle a few times, it does help a little to get on here and talk to others who are going thru the same thing .:-\
How far is Reynoldsburg from Dayton? Might be a nice ride if we were to get together for a ride (once we get some stinkin' weather for it anyway). I'm always looking for new poeple to ride with. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
468 Posts
I hate winter as well. Don't like snow at all. Don't get me wrong, mI love living in NYC but am hating the winters more and more. And to make matters worse, I thought I would be able to buy my 9 this month and would keep busy by making her more pretty than she already is. But no, can't file my tax return till mid February so won't have the money to buy till end of February at best!!

Thank God the International Motorcycle Show is next weekend here in NYC. Something to look forward to.

Liz

·
Registered
20 Posts
its gotten so bad for me, i booked a trip to New Orleans in Feb. Going to rent a bike for a couple days. Too bad the 9 isnt a rental option...only a bunch of harleys. They dont even rent the v-rod which i'm curious to ride.

hopefully that will keep me sane until spring.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I noticed lately it's just a pain waking up, the days last 4ever.Not much left for hunting but coyote.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I hate winter as well. Don't like snow at all. Don't get me wrong, mI love living in NYC but am hating the winters more and more. And to make matters worse, I thought I would be able to buy my 9 this month and would keep busy by making her more pretty than she already is. But no, can't file my tax return till mid February so won't have the money to buy till end of February at best!!

Thank God the International Motorcycle Show is next weekend here in NYC. Something to look forward to.

Liz
Damn I can't get a break. The International Bike Show starts on Friday and I'm gonna miss it I'm going to an event that my MC club is having in North Carolina. Dont feel to bad about not being able to get your 9 till late Feb. I got mine in Oct and I only got to ride it 1 time winter in NY is brutal this yr. But keep your head up. and take a lot of pics @ the show and post them.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I hear ya grampi! It's funny, being from Michigan you'd think I would be used to this but i have been lamenting to my wife how I can't wait for Spring this year...this is the first winter I have really been anxious for it to be over so soon...

Maybe it's the prospect of my new Metz's and chrome wheels in the garage that has me so anxious for spring?! LOL!

·
Registered
720 Posts
winter

Yup winter didn't bother me much till this year. Picked up my 109 in AUG and just started a new job so no vacation time to go on a trip. I had a buell before and it wasn't comfortable good fun for short trips. This bike i can keep riding for hours. Hurry up good weather!

·
Registered
960 Posts
I am CRANKY. Seriously cranky. Spring can't get here fast enough.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I have not been too bad this winter. Maybe because I rode my 9 a few times since winter started. Just a quick 10 or 15 mile ride when it hit at least 40 degrees (I've done so about 3X's). I guess we NE people have a good month and a half left before the weather starts to break.:mad:

I think I'm going to go start my 9 up just to hear and smell it:drool::D

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I hear ya grampi! It's funny, being from Michigan you'd think I would be used to this but i have been lamenting to my wife how I can't wait for Spring this year...this is the first winter I have really been anxious for it to be over so soon...

Maybe it's the prospect of my new Metz's and chrome wheels in the garage that has me so anxious for spring?! LOL!
Hmmm, chrome wheels....that makes me as jealous as the guys who are enjoying nice riding weather right now....:'(

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
yea have not got to ride the 9 for around 2-3 weeks.... but that is what the quads and dirtbike are for... would take the 9 out but I live on gravel road and it is muddy with a little snow.... :-[ it is 35 here today..... Mabe I will go fire up the dirt bike and get muddy and cold... :bigthumbsup: Or im going to head out and shoot some bunnies... :doorag:

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
How far is Reynoldsburg from Dayton? Might be a nice ride if we were to get together for a ride (once we get some stinkin' weather for it anyway). I'm always looking for new poeple to ride with. :bigthumbsup:
Hey Grampi, Dayton is about 85 miles from Reynoldsburg you just let me know ill meet you, Cmhguy is pretty close to me im sure he would make the trip with me.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts