M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man...I got my first ticket on the 9 today.First one since 1996.On Las Vegas Blvd. Sunday crusin',get behind a reall dolt,going waaay to slow,I blast past,here comes the law...illegal passing,guy was younger than the boots I had on.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I got stopped 45 in a 30......but the ticket writing soon turned into a quiz about my 109......I got a warning 8) He was on a police Harley. I told him I could take him. He agreed!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perry,Iwas actually lucky,he gave me the ticket for passing in a no pass lane,but I was goin' about 80 in a 45 ::)

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
nailed, speedtrap in a school zone. I dont speed near schools!
Going north on one road... See the flashing SCHOOL signs....
Think to myself, glad I am turning here. Stopped at the light turned left...
down the hill, 45MPH in a 40MPH zone... OOOPS the school makes it 20MPH...
Thee wre no signs after turning and the others did not say school zone to the left...
I was cool, he was cool, wrote the ticket for less (no points he said) I go to court on thei Tuesday...

There was no provision to pay by mail?????

Sledzep

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
scottr63 said:
I got stopped 45 in a 30......but the ticket writing soon turned into a quiz about my 109......I got a warning 8) He was on a police Harley. I told him I could take him. He agreed!
same here, just lots of questions about the bike then a slow it down and have a nice day. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Got tapped just the other day... 75 in a 45. Luckily my over 9 years with EMS has established a good rapport with most of the local LEOs. When I took off my helmet, he was like, "Oh man, I didn't know it was you. I clocked ya at 75 in a 45, so just slow it down a bit." Then he got to talking about the bike.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
haven't gotten one yet. however, there have been a few times when i was really gettin on it, and passed a cop going the other way, or looked back to realize one was behind me. none of them have ever bothered to try to pull me over. either i'm really lucky, or the cops around here don't mess with bikes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
got one in south carolina for llegal passing. car was turning and i went around before he made the turn and a cop was passing us at the time. pulled me over and said he's glad that i did not run cause he would have never caught me. Talked about the bike for an hour in 90 degree heat even offered to let him ride it. he said no and handed the ticket to me and said nice try.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Passed a slow moving Kawasaki and hit 110 going through some nice twisties, slowed down because on traffic and then the siren and lights in the mirror........ thought I was done for. Turns out he was aways back when he saw me pass (in a passing zone) and it took him awhile to catch up (wonder why :dontknow:). I asked him what he clocked me at and said over 80. Thank god not 110, but 80 in a 55 is still wreckless!

I literally said "I'm sorry" and when he came back he wrote me up for my skull cap (in propper equipment) and that was it! Wow, what luck ...... Thank you Mr Va Sate Trooper!

G

·
I got pulled over once leaving work one night. I was on an on-ramp and was congested as hell in my lane. Once I got on the actual freeway, I hammered the 109 and launch by all the traffic. Turns out the guy that was in front of me was an undercover in a mini van....WHO KNEW??!! LOL!! When he pulled me over...he walked up checking my bike out as he says to me that he was doing 90 trying to catch up to me. He also said that I sounded/looked like a rocket when I blew by him. We talked bout the 109 for a few min. as he called me in....to make sure I was legal with no warrant I guess. Then tells me,"Hey, slow down man.....be a shame to wreck a nice ass bike. Have a good night."...then walks away. I wiped my forehead jumped back on the beast and rode home. Is it safe to say that the looks of my bike saved my a$$?? Or maybe I got lucky with the motorcycle loving cop that pulled me over?? I don't know...but I was very lucky that night!!

·
Registered
600 Posts
adventurous1 said:
Gentlemen:

If u don't sign the ticket - you'll go to jail. So when ur handed the ticket to sign, write "under duress" over ur signature. Then proceed to the court house and when you get to the 'window' ask for a court date far enough in advance because u want a 'court reporter' present. (This is ur Right!) Now when u go 'to court' w/ a court reporter present u ask the judge to swear in the officer. after the officer swears in - u have the officer read the ticket into the record. When the judge hears 'under duress' (IF HE EVEN LETS IT GOES THIS FAR) it'll be dismissed.

Or they could not give a reason to be pulled over, but if they do... and are..., just suck it up, sign the ticket and pay the fine ::)
I've had a couple in my driving/riding (<--- motorcycle-related :D ) tenure (been pulled over several times) and never once got angry because I was issued a citation. Let's face it... if anyone can read English - "SPEED LIMIT 65" - and they choose to go 85, well, bad choice, and no one made it but THEMSELVES :confused:

How hypocritical would it be to have taught my children that they have to follow the rules at school, at home or wherever they may be, only to have me go break the rules and not expect to get reprimanded? :dontknow:

Flame On! :evil:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
adventurous1 said:
Gentlemen:

after the officer swears in - u have the officer read "Under Duress" portion into the record. When the judge hears 'under duress' (IF HE EVEN LETS IT GO THIS FAR) it'll be dismissed.

Then they submit the officer's video tape for record and show that there was absolutely no reason for the "under duress" and the ticket will stand.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Medic1210 said:
Then they submit the officer's video tape for record and show that there was absolutely no reason for the "under duress" and the ticket will stand.
Yep, and usually for a bit more money than the initial fine would have been if you just admitted to it...it's a gamble...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
adventurous1 said:
Gentlemen:

We all know that if u don't sign the ticket - you'll go to jail. So when ur handed the ticket to sign, write "under duress" slightly above where ur signature goes - then sign ur name, and politely give the citation back to the nice officer.  Then proceed to the court house. When you get to the 'payment window' ask the clerk for a court date far enough in advance because u want a 'court reporter' present. (This is ur Right - and it costs 'o' extra dollars)  Now when u go 'to court' w/ a court reporter present u ask the judge to swear in the officer (if he even shows up). after the officer swears in - u have the officer read "Under Duress" portion into the record.  When the judge hears 'under duress' (IF HE EVEN LETS IT GO THIS FAR) it'll be dismissed.Â

Peace b the journey!Â

______
"It is the duty of the Patriot to protect his country from his government. "Â Â Thomas Paine

"If u don't know ur Rights - U have NONE!"

"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge..."Â Â Hosea 4:6

"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”  John 8:32
Maybe in some college town where all the judges went to Berkley,but here in the old west,Nevada,the judges sort of frown on those that give the cops or the court anything other than "Yessir your Honor.I am a sinner but now I see the light" type answers

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
adventurous 1,what I taught my sons,one is a lawyer now,is admit when you are in the wrong,and NOT go for one of those "it depends on what your definition of 'is' is".I think that is what's wrong with this country,no one takes responsibility for their actions.All rights and no duties?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts