M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
http://www.frappr.com/m109riders Gives you a good map and starting point not only for Colorado, but all over. Personally, I'm up in Fort Collins and hoping to get a ride in tomorrow... weather permitting.

·
Registered
600 Posts
:D

·
Registered
407 Posts
Uh sometimes
My family all lives there and i have had my bike out there a couple times this year.
I am actually looking to move back to the Colorado Springs area as well.

·
Registered
306 Posts
G said:
Have there been any Colorado M109 group rides????
I think its definitely time to start talking about such things though realistically we maybe ought to wait until spring, huh? I know I plan on riding all winter but its going to be a hit or miss thing from now on because of Colorado's volatile weather.

·
Registered
600 Posts
gm2inco said:
I think its definitely time to start talking about such things though realistically we maybe ought to wait until spring, huh? I know I plan on riding all winter but its going to be a hit or miss thing from now on because of Colorado's volatile weather.
My riding will be real sporadic until Spring, too. I work outside and get all of the cold I can handle there :confused: I did put 10,000 miles on mine between May and the end of September and plan on putting at least that many more on it next year :super:

·
Registered
306 Posts
You work for UP??? (I'm something of a latent train nut or... fucking train nut as I hear real railroaders refer to us.)

·
Registered
600 Posts
gm2inco said:
You work for UP??? (I'm something of a latent train nut or... freaking train nut as I hear real railroaders refer to us.)
Yes, I work for U.P. And you're right about rail fans being called names by railroaders ("Foamer"... as in foaming at the mouth when a train passes... is the one I hear most frequently :dontknow: ) , but I don't have a problem with people who like trains. Heck... I used to like them, too, until I had to start riding on them for 12 hours at a time :eek:

I work at the yard that runs under I-70, just west of York St. (Between the Coliseum and Purina). If you want, I can put you in contact with a few guys I work with who are enthusiasts as well. Maybe they can get you "up close and personal" to whatever part of railroading interests you the most :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I live in Dallas, but I owned a cabin in Colorado for 18 years until a crazed young man burned it down. Used to spend the majority of the summer there and long weekends in the winter. Beautiful state. Spent 10 days over the fourth of July touring as many passes I could on the scooter. Incredible trip. I envy those that call it home.

Doc 8)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
spaulding20 said:
I'm about 10 miles east of Brighton here... very interested in a ride. :bigthumbsup:
I'm in Thornton... just got my 109 today!!!! I'm ready to ride!!!!! :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Not Colorado but Cheyenne, Wyoming here I think that is close enough. Also an employee of the U.P. 6th District Conductor, Zone 200 Cheyenne to Rawlins.
"Live to Ride"

·
Registered
306 Posts
Shadowrider43 said:
Not Colorado but Cheyenne, Wyoming here I think that is close enough.
Definitely close enough... and I'd say that even if you DIDN'T work for the U.P. :bigthumbsup: Welcome neighbor!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
i no longer live there, but consider it home. i'll probably head back there when i retire. lived in colo spgs area. it's a little too big for me. will probably head up north or west into the mountains a bit.

·
Registered
306 Posts
ATTENTION:

I just emailed LaMonster about setting up a Colorado board on here. Let ya know what he says.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
gm2inco said:
ATTENTION:

I just emailed LaMonster about setting up a Colorado board on here. Let ya know what he says.
Like minds.... I guess. I sent in an inquiry yesterday asking if one was was requested yet. I think it would be good for scheduling rides and not getting lost over here when it gets really busy.

So where are you riding to tomorrow??? Pretty soon the hills will be closed for the season... if not already. :(

·
Registered
306 Posts
G said:
So where are you riding to tomorrow??? Pretty soon the hills will be closed for the season... if not already. :(
Hadn't thought of a specific... You're in Denver, right? (I'm in Fort Collins.) Maybe Lyons as a meeting place? My time is kind of short tomorrow as I've got a high school football game to attend in the evening, (Go Lambkins!) but a little ride might be possible... Gonna have to look at a map for an interesting out east possibility... I'll get back to you on that one.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts