M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Who wants to buy a custom M109/2010 Triumph Roadster

After looking at the new 2010 Triumph Rocket III Roadster I think the M109 will be history. Take a look on youtube. This thing is crazy and I love the looks and performance, thier saying 150 hp and over 200 lbs of torque. Suzuki needs to wake up before its to late. Cannt wait to ride one if I can find one. No prices listed or reviews that I can find right now in the U.S.. Check it out!

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I'll stick with my 9, the best part of that is.....ITS PAID FOR! The rocket III is pretty decent looking bike that should be stupid fast, but I am happy with what I have.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Cool looking bike...I do like the looks of it but it sounds like the 9 would spank it in the twisties, and it's just barely faster in the 1/4 mile....ah like less than 1/2 MPH faster. Would assume you already know all that.... and lastly I do not think Suzuki needs to wake up before it's too late, although thats a good one:confused: It's cool you made your made your mind w/o reading a review. They're out there bruther, dig. Either way you'll have fun and that's what important. Good luck!

http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/new_cars/4216203.html?page=6

·
Registered
253 Posts
164 ft/lbs or torque, not 200. Don't know about horsepower. The original rocket II was slightly faster in the 1/4 so i don't see how these would only be about a 1/2 mph faster, although I haven't been impressed with the times I have seen. I think they are nice, and when I was buying bikes I was deciding between these two. The biggest reasons I went with the 109 were price and the fact that they had similar power from a V-Twin. Not a fan of the sound of those 3 cylinders.

·
Registered
79 Posts
looks awsome

that look like a ****ing beast but m faithfull to my olivia.u know what i hope i find one of those n the street because m racing it the main piece is behind the handlebar "me" that bike got a big motor but i got bigger heart:pray::pray::bad2thebone::bad2thebone:internetracerstupidracerstupidracer:#1::#1::a20::a20:

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
:-\ I'll stick with my beast. It's nice, but just not for me.
:agree:. I am not real sure what is so great about that Triumph. It doesn't look as good as the M109, and although it is rated at 2294cc, I wouldn't be too sure it would out run the 9 either. The specs state the Triumph's weight to be 807 lbs. compared to the 764 lbs. on the 9. With the 9 you already have what is considered (and I do agree) to be the best cruiser on the market right now, in terms of looks and performance. For me, it would be taking a step backwards to go from the 9 to the Triumph.

Nevertheless, the decision is yours. :dontknow:

Have fun!!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The test that is stated is for the rocket III but not the roadster. The roadster has more hp and torque and is new for 2010. Lets see what the test reports say when they are out. I love my nine but when something comes along that catches my eye I have to look at it :dontknow:.

·
Registered
253 Posts
They are out, I have seen them in person. 146 hp, 163 ft/lbs of tq, 807 lbs. That is a 15% increase over the original, non-touring Rocket III. I've researched them quite extensively.

They are sweet but they are a different machine. It really depends on what you are looking for. There will be a difference between it and the 109 performance wise for sure, but it is also a 500cc bigger motor, and a 3 cylinder.

·
Banned
408 Posts
I'll take mine in matte black please, this way I don't have to keep waxing it all the time. The bike is a beast & beautiful, it all depends on what you like. When I went to the NY bike show this year I ran over to the triumph display hoping to see one in person but none were there. It doesn't matter anyway, the $8,000 I had set aside for a bike went to buy my 17 yr old son a 04' WRX subaru PLUS insurance & $$ to feed his lazy ass.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
164 ft/lbs or torque, not 200. Don't know about horsepower. The original rocket II was slightly faster in the 1/4 so i don't see how these would only be about a 1/2 mph faster, although I haven't been impressed with the times I have seen. I think they are nice, and when I was buying bikes I was deciding between these two. The biggest reasons I went with the 109 were price and the fact that they had similar power from a V-Twin. Not a fan of the sound of those 3 cylinders.
Numbers are in the link.....

http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/new_cars/4216203.html?page=5

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.