M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use the yellow passing switch? I have once in a while, but not often.
If not, I'm inerested in knowing if any electronic wizards have turned this switch into something else, like a JSD switch, garage door opener, map changer, (not actually sure if you can switch maps on the fly), air ride, or nitros switch.
Just curious, I figure someone had to think about it.
:p

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I would like to change it to a garage door opener...BUT...I'm no technowiz...
I still bet that it's changed over by spring....

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your on Ctatyk,
I figure Lamont, or JR will have some jet propulsion system rigged to it by spring. Maybe they'll link it to one of those jumping air shocks and give the front end some dancing moves on command.
Any plans guys?? LOL
:joke:

·
Registered
666 Posts
this is where my air ride switch is going :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
got me a 2nd one on Ebay should be done by the time the A-R get's here

·
Registered
600 Posts
I use it at night when approaching certain intersections. A few flicks of that switch can make you stand out from the other vehicles on the road. I use it to help me see on rural roads, too. Both the low and high beams are on when the switch is engaged and it lights things up pretty good :eek:

·
Registered
665 Posts
I use mine when I want to pass,and a couple of semi's are playing freeway follies(driving beside each other for miles backing up traffic.) :D

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I use mine every time I ride. I flash my high beam repeatedly whenever I'm coming toward a car sitting in a turning lane ready to turn into my path, or when I see a car on a side road about to pull into my lane, or any other time I want to increase my chances of being seen. I even use it when I'm about to pass a line of cars. I want to make sure the car in front of me doesn't run me off the road by deciding to pass just as I'm passing them. I think I'll leave it just as it is.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I used mine yesterday to get the attention of some old blue hair......I could tell it worked by the way her car lurched when she hit the brakes.
do a search someone posted a howtoo on hooking up an opener to it and using it for both....probably ^^whiteout

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Should just be running wires from the trigger switch on the remote circuit up to the button for the passing switch.. but then I'm not exactly sure how this one is laid out.. would have to either see the schematics or be able to walk out and look at my bike to be certain.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I use this all the time - no need to buy a headlight modulator that would stay on all the time. A few flashes gets their attention. Also really lights up the road while driving deer alert areas.

·
Registered
350 Posts
My remote works on 12 VDC from the factory. I just permanantly shorted the open/close button, removed the battery and ran a wire from the (+) side to the high beam connector on the plug inside the headlight assembly and another wire from the (-) side to ground. Everything is inside the headlight assembly and no wires on the bike were cut. I left the remote circuit board outside its case and just wrapped it in a plastic baggie and wire tied it off to a wire bundle.
I never posted this on here, but I have probably on another forum. I've done this on several bikes in the past.

G

·
Got to use it carefully. Use it with the wrong person and who knows where you could end up down here in South Florida.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I use mine when coming up to intersections where the car is trying to make the left turn in front of me. I also use it when passing on two lane roads. Wouldnt think of not having it as a safety feature.....trying to make sure I get back home safely when riding.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Id like to hook it upto twin flame throwers at the front of the bike just for those pricks who dont indicate and try running me off the road.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I use mine regularly at intersections, for turning cars, anytime I want to make sure someone sees me. It's a good attention getter without having to have one of the headlight modulator's blinking the light constantly.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts