M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to, but they have turned into Farking Iceholes. Here is the deal, Low and Mean asked me to collect all the $$ for the group buy. Then send it when we finalize the order. They sent me an email asking me to call them so we could talk about my account. I did and the guy tells me that the IRS has asked PayPal to inform them of large $$ transactions, and all I need to do was tell them what all the $$ was for. I told them about our group buy, about this forum, and that I did not benefit from doing it. I had the same $$ at the beginning as at the end, and they had records of who sent, and who I sent to. So today I called to see why my account was still frozen, and they say they need my SSN so they can run a credit check. I told them they could not have it, as the IRS has told me not to give it out to anyone unless I was seeking employment or a loan. She was a total BIOTCH and said "Fine, we will just leave you account as is!" I asked what that meant, she says I cannot send or receive money. but the account cannot be closed. So, I have an active account with a company that is for sending and receiving money, but I can send or receive money with it, correct? She says yes! I said @#$%you, you ugly #$% %@#$! Go &#$% yourself !
So, I no longer have a PayPal account.

G

·
Maybe speak to someone else there or just go right to a supervisor. I find many times that when it is kicked up to a supervisor, they try harder and have more authority to do different things. I have no experience with this type of transactions but ran a company for 4 years with constant interaction with Paypal and did not have one issue. Good luck.

·
Registered
369 Posts
:mad: Sorry to Hear That Chris.
Now I don't feel so good about the Group Buy Thing.
After all that Time you put into it and now this Crap.
Thanks again for what its Worth :beer3:

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
I guess they May Be checking to see if you did Profit for those Transactions , I have Checked For other Money Transfer companies and Cant find any that Are Free ,but i suck at Searching the Internet

I am So Sorry you are Going Thru this, It was A very Nice thing To do for us ,no Good deed goes unpunished :dontknow:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Thats so funck up,and trying to help the forum out ,you get the pickle in the end!!! has to be a better way...

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Sorry to hear that you're going thru this Chris. High price to pay to help others...
I use paypal only because I buy/sell cars and bikes. Its safe to pay and get money instead of a fake money order or cashier's check.
Call them again tomorrow and ask to speak with a manager.
I used to do this to friends and stop a long time ago because when it comes the time to solve problems you are the only one dealing with it.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Time to revert back to money orders and snailmail I guess, prolly would have been faster. That sucks, what Paypal did

·
Registered
917 Posts
Sorry to hear that bro, I've had my share of issues with them as well and everyone I spoke was a lazy pile of crap, it seemed like they could really care less about my problems. I the end my problem did get fixed but absolutely the worst customer service I have ever had to deal with. I wrote an email to customer service recapping the entire incident and two years later still no response......

·
Registered
168 Posts
i know most of the time the better business bureau doesn't resolve much, but i would seriously put in a complaint to them, some businesses do care about they way they look to the public and if the public sees that paypal is doing shady, horrible business, they might do something to remedy the situation. just my $.02. i put in a complaint with them for verizon, because they would not return my roaming charges, when i was clearly not roaming. verizon called me 3 days later and cleared my account of all the charges and apologized for the crappy service. give it a shot. thats bull that they froze your account, what the hell do they need a credit check or a social security # for??

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Im not sure what the problem is. I was charged a fee to send the gift. I think is was close to 18 dollars for the two spoilers? maybe I did somthing wrong but im sure the gift box was checked. so pay pal profited of of this what is thier problem?

correction it was 12.02 dollars that I was charged

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,090 Posts
Chris, do they still have any of your money in the account? If so, I'd demand they release that.

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
I would do it again for you all. I guess I need to open some bogus emails accounts so I can also open a few paypal accounts.
But don't you have them linked to your checking account? Open it in your wifes name and open a separate checking account to by pass there eyes. If you bank with a nation wide bank, people could always just make a deposit in an account for you also. I hope that you get it all worked out.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Im not sure what the problem is. I was charged a fee to send the gift. I think is was close to 18 dollars for the two spoilers? maybe I did somthing wrong but im sure the gift box was checked. so pay pal profited of of this what is thier problem?

correction it was 12.02 dollars that I was charged
Did you have a balance in the account that covers the amount you tried to gift? if you have it linked to Paypal buyer credit, or a credit card, you cannot gift. You can only gift from a paypal account balance.

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
Did you have a balance in the account that covers the amount you tried to gift? if you have it linked to Paypal buyer credit, or a credit card, you cannot gift. You can only gift from a paypal account balance.
I think you can gift from a credit card or your checking account. You the gifter gets charged the fees not the giftie. If you want to test it out, please feel free to gift me a couple of hundred bucks. :D

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I think you can gift from a credit card or your checking account. You the gifter gets charged the fees not the giftie. If you want to test it out, please feel free to gift me a couple of hundred bucks. :D
You can gift...but there will be fees unless it comes from the paypal balance. You can choose whether you or the other person pays the fee if you do it your way...but there is a fee no matter what.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts