M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I have to tell this story, I went for a ride this evening; "Man was it Hot" !!! Well I stopped at this convenience store and I went in. I always keep an eye on my bike, while I was doing that these two guys were looking at the bike. I mean they were going over every inch of it. I could tell my now they were trying to figure what was it.

So, I walked out and I was asked was this my bike? " Man that is one nice looking bike". I said thanks and the two of them started this banter of how much it cost. ( These guys didn't know each other) One guy said it was $20,000.00 the other said "No Man, this bike is about $25,000.00"!!

I said " Hey guys, I hate to say this but you're both wrong" I payed 11,500.00 for it. They freaked out!!! What 11,000.00!! Next question; Who built it for you? I want one. Suzuki made it; "That's a Suzuki? Of course you can imagine what took place.

I could go on about this conversation; but this was the 3rd time today that people thought that the 109 was a custom build and all thought the price to be in the $20,000 range. This just made my day, inspite of the heat. I think that there will be at least 3 more black 109s in my area soon. Just wanted to share.

C-One

P.S. Of course I was also asked today; was it a HD too.

G

·
Haha...nice story. Back when I still had my red M50 I stopped by a buddy's house to show it off...he asked if I paid $15,000 for it...I was like, no, how about $6800....he couldn't believe it. I don't even wanna know what he'll think I paid for the 109 when he sees it, lol. :eek:

·
Registered
450 Posts
$11500. i was robbed :evil:

·
Registered
702 Posts
I've had some f the same experiences at the gas pump. People love to flock to and ask about the bike. Price came up when I was at the local brand X dealership the other day. ::)

This bike compares so well to the competition in the market right now. It's logically difficult to choose another cruiser, emotionally not so difficult.

·
Registered
84 Posts
red1951man said:
She's real fine my 109.  :bigthumbsup: I get compliments every time I ride.  Ain't it great.
I'm actually surprised how much attention this guy gets... Wasn't expecting it to be this much of a conversation piece. I can't wait for the air ride and phatty upgrade rear!!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
i've had similar experiences. with my bike debadged, and a few custom changes, people that have never seen a 109 before think it's a custom cruiser that costs a lot of money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts