M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I want the look of the 160 front mounted tire to go along with the 280 rear. But my question is where can I order the 160 already mounted in reverse or, what place cant I get it mounted at in the Buffalo Ny area???? No place I called will do it and it seems like i wont be upgrading if I cant find a place???

·
Registered
696 Posts
Tire Mounting

Hey guys I want the look of the 160 front mounted tire to go along with the 280 rear. But my question is where can I order the 160 already mounted in reverse or, what place cant I get it mounted at in the Buffalo Ny area???? No place I called will do it and it seems like i wont be upgrading if I cant find a place???
Hey there,

Are you only having issues with mounting the tire? I can have that tire mounted for you and have it balanced. I know the service manager at the HD dealer in Niagara on the Lake. He does my tire balancing and tire mounting.

Let me know.

Pete

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea the problem is that no shop will mount a rear tire for the front. When I get the tire and rim in (placing order soon) I will have to get in touch with you. I appreciate your help and you will hear from me soon.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Yea the problem is that no shop will mount a rear tire for the front. When I get the tire and rim in (placing order soon) I will have to get in touch with you. I appreciate your help and you will hear from me soon.
No problem. I could mount it myself at the shop and then you can have it balanced anywhere you want or have it done at the HD dealership. The HD dealership and Clare's cycle in Fonthill, ON are the only shops in the Niagara region with electronic balancers. The other motorcycle shops around here only use the bubble balance method....not a good choice.

Pete

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Just use Dynabeads for the balancing...works perfectly for the life of the tire and no ugly weights stuck to the wheel

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i want the dynabeads because I am getting chrome rims, now my question then alot of shops I talk to around me look like a deer in headlights when I ask about it. so i will need that availible for me as well.

·
Registered
838 Posts
are you getting the wheels and tires package? Some of the places have the beads and will add them.
I got the wheel and tire package from Coastal Moto. They included the beads.
I haven't seen my bike in person yet, but from the pictures I've seen looks very clean w/o weights

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
are you getting the wheels and tires package? Some of the places have the beads and will add them.
I got the wheel and tire package from Coastal Moto. They included the beads.
I haven't seen my bike in person yet, but from the pictures I've seen looks very clean w/o weights
i was looking at the Coastal Moto packages, but I read somewhere that they wont mount a rear tire on the front wheel as well. If I am mistaken I will order from them then.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I f you cant find anyone you can do it yourself, i did mine in about 10 minutes or less, then use dynabeads. There are a lot of how to videos on youtube, and if you use heavy plastic you cant scratch the rim.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts