M109 Rider Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
What happens if the system gets compromised

I'm considering an Air Ride (Arnott) and the concern I have is... what happens if the systems gets compromised and dumps the air / loses it's pressure WHILE RIDING ...or at anytime... I assume that it immediately or gradually lowers to it's lowest position? If that lowest position is within rubbing distance, that could be bad... or is there a way to set it so that in the event of a system failure, it will only go so low... Has anyone had this happen??

Also... for those that have them... did you install it yourself? I looked at the instructions and it looks fairly easy... Is it?

·
Registered
913 Posts
I'm considering an Air Ride (Arnott) and the concern I have is... what happens if the systems gets compromised and dumps the air / loses it's pressure WHILE RIDING ...or at anytime... I assume that it immediately or gradually lowers to it's lowest position? If that lowest position is within rubbing distance, that could be bad... or is there a way to set it so that in the event of a system failure, it will only go so low... Has anyone had this happen??

Also... for those that have them... did you install it yourself? I looked at the instructions and it looks fairly easy... Is it?
If you keep your stock bones on your bike, you bike will not rub anything when completly lowered. You wont be able to turn without scraping, but you will be able to make it home!

·
Registered
430 Posts
If you keep your stock bones on your bike, you bike will not rub anything when completly lowered. You wont be able to turn without scraping, but you will be able to make it home!
THAT is what I wanted to be sure of... thank you I4L...

Now where is that Credit card my wife was hiding......

·
Registered
913 Posts
How long did it take to install it?
Can someone that is not a mech. do this with out any problems?
If you have some wrenching skills, you should be able to do everything in about 4 hours or so. Its really not that hard. If you can remove your stock shock, and run air lines, you can install the arnott!!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts