M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a big guy and I want a good dependable system. Let me know what you guys think.

·
Radio Active Member
27,682 Posts
I still also think Arnott makes the best system, but if you ask Giddy109 he might say different, click here. I think that there are only 2 companies that make an air ride for our bike, Arnott and Kewl Metal. I think Arnott changed some of there parts so they could be made for less money. Good luck with which ever way you go. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,940 Posts
After having one on for two years, I went back to lowering bones. Air rides are nice and cool but it's great just to get on and ride and not worry about adjusting them. Or them breaking. JMHO. :D

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I still also think Arnott makes the best system, but if you ask Giddy109 he might say different, click here. I think that there are only 2 companies that make an air ride for our bike, Arnott and Kewl Metal. I think Arnott changed some of there parts so they could be made for less money. Good luck with which ever way you go. :bigthumbsup:
I passed along his complaint to my son who runs their CNC machine at their Cape Canaveral plant.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,940 Posts
that kit is basily that same as the kewl metal set up and you will have pogo issues with it.

i ride arnott. so far so good. had one issue but they fixed it.
I had the KM on for two years and never had pogo issues with it. Have you ever seen this posted by someone that had one? The only problem I had with it was the same as you have with any air ride, and that is if you lower it all the way down or close to it you can't ride them that way as they bottom out.

·
Registered
262 Posts
that kit is basily that same as the kewl metal set up and you will have pogo issues with it.

i ride arnott. so far so good. had one issue but they fixed it.
their "bleed feed" kit stops the pogo effect...the standard kit is what your thinking about.

·
Registered
913 Posts
My Money is with arnott too. I'm a pretty big guy too. I have no problems with my system. Def no pogo effect with my arnott

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
arnott for sure. just installed mine and i love it. i rode one that had the kewl metal system it was ok but arnott was much better ride.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I got the KewlMetal and my mate has the Arnotts, the Kewlmetal has a more grunty compressor both ride good, his seems to sit lower when dumped but he has a 300 and I only got a 280.
Had mine for 2.5 years swapped from 2007 to 2009 and still works great :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I guess I'm buying a Arnott system. I appreciate your opinions. Thanks Guys :beer2:

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
just wondering what setting do you guys set your shock on??

im on the 2nd hardest setting so i can slam it with no rubbing.:doorag:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,940 Posts
just wondering what setting do you guys set your shock on??

im on the 2nd hardest setting so i can slam it with no rubbing.:doorag:
pynikal, the firmness won't make a difference whether it rubs or not. It controls the internal dampening in the shock and makes it either stiffer or firmer, but it has nothing to do with how far down it goes. That's providing you have the stock bones on it which won't let it bottom out even fully lowered.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
i am not running the stock fender. my clearances are a ton different then a stock fendered 109. i have it set hard so i can set the ride height lower and not have as much travel.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
there is a large metal brace that braces the fender that it hits.
i was riding yesturday and came to a stop and smelled burning rubber i thought to myself oops better raise it up a little.:redfaced: i normally can hear it squeeking but it must have been way down that time.

i think that i am going to put a air (PSI) gauge on the bike some were so i can see what PSI is the best to ride at.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts