M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All!

Currentl im living in Toronto, Ontario. Im 25 and im very sick and tired of living here with the constant cold crappy weather and lack of riding season. Not to mention that I pay close to $2000 insurance for 6 months of riding season in the summer and everything costs of a fortune including living in a nasty apartment.

Anyway, Im planning on making a big change my life and my parents who live in NC think it would be a great idea for me to consider moving to florida where I could be happy living closer to the beach, better weather during the year and of course earning cash in american $$$.

I was wondering if anyone can give me some tips as to really nice neighbor hoods or cities to look into. Again, im Single, 25 probably would move with my brother into a bachelor pad, want somewhere close to the beach, nice riding areas and my line of work is in Technical computer stuff. I do Programming, Technical hardware and Software support, networking, 3d animation, photography ETC

Any advice greatly appreciated! Im asking in here because you know if im coming down to florida one of my first purchases would be a M109. I wouldnt even dare thinking about buying one up here as they cost $20,000 OTD as cheap as you can get them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Tampa, FL. ------- beautiful women, wonderful city and plenty of beaches and riding weather. Shouldn't have any problems finding an IT job.

Good luck, Teddy

·
Registered
256 Posts
new smyrna beach , its nice and quite here ( maybe not when i get the HK sideburner `s on my bike , HeHeHe ) it`s only 15 min`s to daytona and the beach is great here. i pay 320.00 a year for full cover insur. norman

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
gearbanger said:
Tampa, FL.  ------- beautiful women, wonderful city and plenty of beaches and riding weather.  Shouldn't have any problems finding an IT job.

Good luck, Teddy
Tampa is a great choice and the lowest priced real estate in the major metro areas. Let me know if you get serious as I am Real Estate Broker and would be happy to help you out.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tampa huh?? That would be interesting. Tell me, have any of you ever seen a space shuttle or rocket launch? Ive always had a dream about getting to see one but obviously timing is an issue..

·
Registered
58 Posts
The Orlando area is great. Not as "beat up" like other big cities such as Tampa and Miami. Like any city it has it's good and bad parts.

You'll just have to come see and make up your mind for yourself.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I go to Miami every year and its awsome down there! They are building downtown Miami rapidly and you can get pre-construction prices, that are awsome! do it do it do it :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
956 Posts
I live where it is perfect to ride, but I'm not telling you because we have enough Canadians here in Florida!

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Vetgasm said:
I live where it is perfect to ride, but I'm not telling you because we have enough Canadians here in Florida!
That doesnt really sound like a welcoming thing to say.. Im not Canadian, I've just lived here for 10 years. :dontknow:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Born and raised in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. Great place to live and ride. Just don't try and tell every one how it is done up north, and you will get along great down here! :welcome:

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
WohoSo said:
Born and raised in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. Great place to live and ride. Just don't try and tell every one how it is done up north, and you will get along great down here!  :welcome:
I dont know what you mean by "How it is done" but im definitely looking to get along with some nice people down south. My dad said something to me interesting the other day. "Warm weather, warm people. Cold weather, cold people". Did I mention its -1c right now?

·
Registered
134 Posts
It is a bit cold down here right now also (50F).   Having to wear a jacket, and wishing I had already bought my winter gloves because I have to ride my bike to work in the morning because truck is going in for service.  All I have righ now is a pair of summer riding gloves.

The part about how it is done up north is an old joke down in the south.  So many come down and try to tell every one how everything was done up north.  Not all just some.  Most are alright.

·
Registered
696 Posts
allenfl said:
The Orlando area is great. Not as "beat up" like other big cities such as Tampa and Miami. Like any city it has it's good and bad parts.

You'll just have to come see and make up your mind for yourself.
hey allen... there is a GREAT rib place in orlando.... kinda near the cruise ship docks area... can't remember the name.. do you know of it... i will see if i can locate the name... worth a visit if anyone is near it... ... mjm

·
Registered
398 Posts
You should also check out the Jacksonville area , i liked it. Also ,you might wanna check out the Panhandle area of Florida. Not as crowded as other big cities but just as nice and housing cost is a little cheaper.

·
Registered
411 Posts
RicoChet said:
That doesnt really sound like a welcoming thing to say.. Im not Canadian, I've just lived here for 10 years. :dontknow:
RicoChet, I laughed my a$$ off when I read your sentence. Can you imagine how many times I have been told that I speak really good english for a german I may have lived here for 25 years but you can believe me my passport is still blue ;) Florida is great, IÂ am originally from there its just in 81 the economy was not that hot and I decided to do something different so I moved over here. Since the kids grew up over here I guess I will stay while at my age starting all over again s**ks. I wish you all the best on your move. Just my 02 cents, I like Central Florida the best and as second choice the Ft.Lauderdale area. :bigthumbsup:

G

·
aceventura said:
hey allen... there is a GREAT rib place in orlando.... kinda near the cruise ship docks area... can't remember the name.. do you know of it... i will see if i can locate the name... worth a visit if anyone is near it... ... mjm
Didnt think cruises docked 70 miles inland... I think you mean the Cocoa area... lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
I lived in St. Augustine for a year and a half. Neat little town but probably not the best for an IT job. Jacksonville would probably be better for that. I liked St. Aug though. Small town with a lot of history and very scenic. Lots of little places to eat/drink, only half an hour from south Jax, and about an hour ride down A1A to Daytona. It was about as far south in FL as I wanted to go.

Dave

1 - 20 of 38 Posts