M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok time to show off. When I first started modding I tryed to keep it under $2k.Well that didn't last long and then it was $1k a pop for stuff (air ride,thunder air,wave rotors) and that addeded up quickley.Throw in some wheels and tires and I got close to $13k in to it besides the $10.3k for the bike to begin with.o I got $13k in mine how about anyone else?Gregg

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Personally, I know Scott (TheOrangeOne) has a lot of $$$ in his orange '08. He said he initially reserved $20,000 for a Harley before he found the 9. So he spent all that on the bike and some Bling. It's a gorgeous bike.

-JOsh

·
Registered
838 Posts
Back in Apr 08 I was looking for parts for a bike that I did not even own yet (the 9) I was just going to do the basics. Exhaust, grips and pegs. Upon looking for the parts M109Riders was one of the results for search.
Thanks to many of you. I got a decent price on the bike and my mod list Increased by ALOT. My latest and greatest purchas was Costal Moto wheels 280/160 and matching rotors. Rear caliper relocator and under the fender turn signals. (right around the 3300-3400 rang) With this and in the past mods I think I would be right around the 5k or 6k range. Not too shaby for having the bike for 17 months. Front end will be getting my attention next

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I don't want to know or I'll end up throwing up. I remember the first 2 years my chrome payments were at least $500/month and the bike payment was only $170

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I refuse to even start adding up my receipts... :eek:
Hey just round up L.T.T. I am working on a wrap job on the other set of tins I have so that will kick it up some more for next year. My goal is to have at least as much into it as a stock Harley price!Gregg

·
Registered
135 Posts
I got my 9 as a birthday gift from my wife. 2009 silver leftover. And before I got 3 miles on it I took the wheels off and got them chrome. I would like to know if anyone has gotten the swing arm and final drive chrome or is everyone using the covers. I personally don't like the covers. P.S I love this bike

·
Registered
838 Posts
I got my 9 as a birthday gift from my wife. 2009 silver leftover. And before I got 3 miles on it I took the wheels off and got them chrome. I would like to know if anyone has gotten the swing arm and final drive chrome or is everyone using the covers. I personally don't like the covers. P.S I love this bike
LiquidPain chromes the swing arms. He's a sponser on here.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I have just under $11,000 in mine, including purchase, so I may not win for the most money in, but I do have over 400 hours of 'mod-time' in, so I figure I am a contender in that category.

I'd include pics, but I am on my phone, plus, I get crap every time I post the best pictures of it because of the ' other' content.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
I have just under $11,000 in mine, including purchase, so I may not win for the most money in, but I do have over 400 hours of 'mod-time' in, so I figure I am a contender in that category.

I'd include pics, but I am on my phone, plus, I get crap every time I post the best pictures of it because of the ' other' content.
Post Em !

Or You can just Pm them too Me :D

·
Registered
810 Posts
:dontknow: Dam, we're supposed to keep track! Let me see if I can remember.

Chromed rims then went to 260, Coastal Moto 280 and 160 front and Arnott air ride (with remote), get everything chromed by Jerry (hope you are enjoying retirement), 2 sets of pipes (cobra swepts and also scorpion tips (already looking at some others), decided 280 wasn't big enough so 300, thunder intakes, leds out the a$$ included in my grips and air intakes, and whatever I saw on this forum that I thought was super cool.

It's all the forum's fault and I want my money back :cus:

Kidding, I just enjoy modding never was about the money just my enjoyment. You tend to forget what you 109 looked like before until you hear people say "I've seen m109s before and your's doesn' look like they do".

I know some others have spent more, so it never ends!

By the way How much is a super cool paint job and Nitrous??

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Since I did most of the labor on my bike also there is no way to add all that time in along with the polishing and instulation etc. I was just adding up all the piece prices$$.Gregg

·
Registered
838 Posts
Since I did most of the labor on my bike also there is no way to add all that time in along with the polishing and instulation etc. I was just adding up all the piece prices$$.Gregg
That's the way to go. Being a fabricator is a great skill to have. Like Squirrel said, cost of materials and your time. Sooo Squirrel, how much does it cost you to create your license plate brackets? :joke:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Post Em !

Or You can just Pm them too Me :D
You've seen them. My best shots of my bike are in my "photo shoot" thread. It is just tough to drag them over on my phone.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I hear you. I included that figure as well.

To be honest, 400 hours is a very low tally, if you count working out my trunk and the paint job I hatted, which now sits below the black.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's the way to go. Being a fabricator is a great skill to have. Like Squirrel said, cost of materials and your time. Sooo Squirrel, how much does it cost you to create your license plate brackets? :joke:
Well to tell you the truth lets see $17. polished stainless steel and that is buying it in a 4'x10' sheet at $600.00 a sheet.$10 . laser cut out,$10. to have tig welded,$20.00 to man polishing it out after sanding out weld and sanding with 220 grit,320grit,and 600grit paper to get it ready to polish 15 minutes labor at $20.00 hr so $5.sanding labor plus $7.lite and $3.00 socket head bolt sanded and polished and clear coated plus 3 ss stainless steel washers (one sanded and polished) plus drive time to and from this stuff just dosent show up at your front door for free.I make $15. maby $20 bucks apiece on each one.I'm not getting rich on these things,Gregg

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Hey Gregg, Your bike looks awesome. End of Jan 2011, it will be 5 years owning the 109 for me. I pretty much started modding it right out of the box. To date with the custom paint, I have a little over 14,000 in aftermarket mods. I did turn every bolt, screw and nut myself and have probably had the bike down to just the motor in the frame at least 4 times. Unfortunately, I have no recent pics. I have in the last year chromed all the switches and mounts on the bars, down under brake bracket, painted fork lowers black and some other odds and ends chromed by Simmons motorworks (chip) who by the way does outstanding work and is a real nice guy to deal with.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts