·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
378 Posts
i was going to do that but...

I would need a better picture.Me and rockfordrider decided were going to order some xtra mesh from irate. If we could get a template to work with maybe we could all order the same mesh and get it cheaper. I was told 20-22 for the size we need for the chin spoiler.he said they have cut some before. I just want my grill to match the spoiler. Any one please send close up pictures .

·
Registered
445 Posts
I would need a better picture.Me and rockfordrider decided were going to order some xtra mesh from irate. If we could get a template to work with maybe we could all order the same mesh and get it cheaper. I was told 20-22 for the size we need for the chin spoiler.he said they have cut some before. I just want my grill to match the spoiler. Any one please send close up pictures .
thanks for the info was going with the same set-up but, now that i have this info i will ask for extra for the chin spoiler thanks!

@ jem i think there called irate customs but,they do sell the grills on ebay just put in m109 radiator grills and you will see them.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
I had been thinking about doing this for the last several months, but I wanted to get some chrome mesh that would match the chrome mesh that DUCKs517 used on my custom Air Intakes. I am going to buy some chrome mesh from DUCKS and figure out how to install it into my Radiator Grille, so it matches the chrome mesh in my Air Intakes and my Chin Spoiler. Square Rounder did something like this on his bike, and it looks better really good.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I was thinking the same thing

I think the mesh duck use is too flexabile, I had said the same thing before i got a grill mto keep all the mesh the same. But the style of aircover i have from duck flows ok with the mesh grill i have from irate.I have saw a pic of the mesh grill with the honeycomb mesh from LM and i didnt think it flowed well. We need some pic, but one thng for sure is that i called irate and i can get some mesh and mod it myself. That i know will flow. The guy stated that they did a cut out for some one who sent them a template. BUt they didnt keep it. If any one had done this mod i wuld like to see.Untill then im going with the same mesh. Also BCRUZN try it and see if its study enough, maybe you could get the fram from irate on the low and spot weld the Duck mesh into itlike they do. He told me the mesh they us is a little more expensive than the rest. It is heavy and very sturdy with a nice chrome finish to it.Much beter than the grill covers.
keep us posted on your plans :bigthumbsup:

I had been thinking about doing this for the last several months, but I wanted to get some chrome mesh that would match the chrome mesh that DUCKs517 used on my custom Air Intakes. I am going to buy some chrome mesh from DUCKS and figure out how to install it into my Radiator Grille, so it matches the chrome mesh in my Air Intakes and my Chin Spoiler. Square Rounder did something like this on his bike, and it looks better really good.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd be willing to cough up a little more mula for some extra mesh from Irate. It's only money. :dontknow: :D

·
Registered
4,743 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
i got the classic for 89 off ebay just waiting for the chin to install both

1 - 13 of 13 Posts