M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
ok, I just got a screw in mine after about 200 miles so I decided to go bigger. I just put on the dunlop elite 3 250 tire and this thing is wide. It's a really close fit but it looks awesome on the bike. here are a couple pics.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your the first to reply. How much clearance do you have on both sides of the tire? I'm waiting on my 250. Hopefull it will be here this week!

Did you have to do any mods/grinding to the shaft tube of swing arm?

·
Registered
49 Posts
there is still a good amount of clearance once the tire is in there. It is a bit tricky getting it in there but once it's in it fits nice. No grinding or any mods required at all. love the look now.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
customrt99 said:
there is still a good amount of clearance once the tire is in there. It is a bit tricky getting it in there but once it's in it fits nice. No grinding or any mods required at all. love the look now.
Thanks! This is the stock size tire on the Victory Hammer which also has a 8.5 inch wide rear rim. When I actually seen the tire I liked the way it protruded past the tire rim. The tire is a full 10 inches wide whereas the stock Dunnie is 9.5 inches wide. I believe the tire profiles are almost identical in regards to curvature so handling/cornering should be the same.

Hope you get 10K miles out of your new skin :) :) :) :) :) :)

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
bob109 said:
Thanks! This is the stock size tire on the Victory Hammer which also has a 8.5 inch wide rear rim. When I actually seen the tire I liked the way it protruded past the tire rim. The tire is a full 10 inches wide whereas the stock Dunnie is 9.5 inches wide. I believe the tire profiles are almost identical in regards to curvature so handling/cornering should be the same.

Hope you get 10K miles out of your new skin :) :) :) :) :) :)
I don't think you well get better millage out of the 250 tire. The 250 tire has 8/32 and the 240 ire has 12/32. That's 33% more tire. Unless they changed the tread compound of the 250 tire.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rynosback said:
I don't think you well get better millage out of the 250 tire. The 250 tire has 8/32 and the 240 ire has 12/32. That's 33% more tire. Unless they changed the tread compound of the 250 tire.
The 240 is a sport tire with soft rubber compound....the 250 is a touring tire with a harder rubber compound.

The practice of thinning tire centers as tires get wider must be the industry norm. Metz applies the same logic with their tires. A 180 has more thread depth than a 200! Not sure but, as you get into wider series, they my do this to maintain tire profile.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts