M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ordering mine tomorrow and curious who has one??? worth the money? Nearly a thousand dollars for driver, passenger, and passenger backrest. Post pics if ya got some :D

·
Registered
844 Posts
I have one.

RAW TAZ has posted pics in the past (he has an imitation ostrich-hide one-off version).

As far as "worth the money" -- it depends on how mch the money is worth to YOU!

I bought it because the old lady likes to ride, but was demanding a back rest (especially when I would goose the M109 with her on the back!) To me, it was the only really nice back rest out there for looks and style match to the 109, except for the metcruze version from Australia -- for which you had to send your back seat over to Australia.

The driver's seat is probably somewhat more comfortable -- but if I had bought the combo just for a driver comfort upgrade, I'd probably be disappointed.

The old lady likes the back rest, and the rear seat. The back rest is also VERY sturdy for both leaning back on, and mounting stuff on (like a sissy-bar travle bag.)

Like everything else in life, it comes down to priorities. To me: my old lady, and my ass, are pretty high on the priority list -- thus, the Corbin.

At that price -- it better last forEVER!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
i've got one. black, no heater, single seat w/ no backrest. it's a much better seat than stock. better design that holds you in the seat instead of sliding around, more comfortable. it's quite a bit heavier, however.

·
Registered
844 Posts
If you're looking for pictures try this link: http://www.corbin.com/suzuki/s-m109r-bag.shtml

The link is for the saddlebags, but if you scroll down through it you will see the driver's seat alone (with the pillion), the combo, and the combo with the passenger backrest.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have one as well. Only the drivers seat, w/o heat. Personally, I love mine. It took a little while to get it broken in, it was a little hard for the first 1000 miles or so. But I use a leather conditioner on it everytime I come back from riding and now the seat is soft and supple. It fits my backside a WHOLE lot better than the stocker did. It is a little expensive, but worth it in my opinion. I got mine from a guy online for 10% off the retail price. I think it was 465 total, including the shipping costs. www.CCsaddlebags.com I think is the website I got mine from.

There have been a couple posts on here from people who have bought a custom seat from other vendors with pretty good satisfaction. You might want to do a search on this site for more info.

Best of luck making your decision.

Cheers!!

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I have had mine for about 2 weeks and 500 or so miles. I never knew the 109 seat was uncomfortable until I rode a 200 mile stretch on bad road. The Corbin I have is just the rider portion in leather and it looks like ostrich hide on the butt bucket part of the seat. they get your height, weight and inseam measurement and tailor the seat around those on a real 109. they do state they need a break in but after the first couple hundred miles mine feels great, one of the better purchases at $500.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I have to Corbin driver seat. I do think they are a little on the high side price wise but I must say I am very happy with the seat. It is very comfortable and I have taken some pretty long rides with the Corbin seat and have experienced no problems at all. The Corbin also looks alot nicer, I know on my stock seat there was always that ugly gap between the seat and the rear cowl, the Corbin fits nice and tight with no gaps. I give the seat an A+

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tomph1 said:
  Like everything else in life, it comes down to priorities. To me: my old lady, and my ass, are pretty high on the priority list -- thus, the Corbin.

At that price -- it better last forEVER!
This is the exact same scenario I am faced with. My wife doesn't ride much due to the backrest issue. I don't really want a mismatched seat so I feel I have no other choice but to buy the front saddle also!!! :D I'll post some pics when it arrives.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have the Corbin Driver and Passenger Seat with heat and the Backrest with the Chrome Trim Ring. This is one quality seat and my wife loves the backrest. I also keep the seat well conditioned with leather conditioner. I've got around 2000 miles on it now and it has "broken in" very nicely. I also purchased it from Mike @ www.ccsaddlebags.com. He quoted an estimated shipping time of 3 weeks but I received it in 2. I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for and this seat does not disappoint.

Ric

1 - 10 of 10 Posts