M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Funny question, but around here we got a lot of convicted drunks that ride scooters. It's all they can drive legally. I'll wave to kids who ride(they get pumped up) but not to these guys when they pass by. What say you?

I know it's kind if Harley-rideresque, but I won't give these guys the time of day. Never had a DUI, never will.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Honestly, I've tried giving "the wave" to those guys, but they never give "the wave" back. Maybe they're upset that they're stuck on a scooter. Or maybe they just don't know about "the wave".

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Honestly, I've tried giving "the wave" to those guys, but they never give "the wave" back. Maybe they're upset that they're stuck on a scooter. Or maybe they just don't know about "the wave".
Heh, around here a lot of them must have bikes, they might forget they're riding a scooter now. :)

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Pretty much, if it has 2-3 wheels, motorized & is open air, I'll give them the wave.

Lots of people here are riding scooters to save money and fuel.

Got a buddy that's a MSF instructor who now rides a scooter to work. Says he loves the 100MPG he gets.

I've given some scooter riders the wave only to watch them almost run off the road trying to wave back. :eek: Some just don't know what to do. Pulled up next to a small scooter at a light and told him he had a nice ride. He just sat there grinning big time.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Rule number 1of the man code clearly states that no man is allowed to operate a scooter or wave to another man who is operating a scooter. A violation of this rule results in a suspenion of your man card for a period of no less than one month. Furthermore, during your suspension you will answer to the name Sally.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rule number 1of the man code clearly states that no man is allowed to operate a scooter or wave to another man who is operating a scooter. A violation of this rule results in a suspenion of your man card for a period of no less than one month. Furthermore, during your suspension you will answer to the name Sally.
LMAO!:joke::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Funny question, but around here we got a lot of convicted drunks that ride scooters. It's all they can drive legally. I'll wave to kids who ride(they get pumped up) but not to these guys when they pass by. What say you?

I know it's kind if Harley-rideresque, but I won't give these guys the time of day. Never had a DUI, never will.
How do you tell if a person riding a scooter is a dwi convict? Do they ride with a sign that says "Hi I'm convicted of DWI". :dontknow:

Just curious because some of those you wave at on bikes could be DWI convicts as well. Maybe its me, but I can't see how you can just look at a person and know their past history.

·
Registered
655 Posts
so if you don't wave to them does that mean you are snubbing them because you feel you have a superior bike? Isn't that what a lot of the Harley guys do to us and some get upset about it.

I wave at anyone on any kind of bike. Maybe it is all they can afford but they are still out there riding just like the rest of us.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If I am thinking about it I'll wave at em,

I was stuck on one for almost 10-months, NO DUI, but clocked at 104 in a 65 by NCSHP.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
so if you don't wave to them does that mean you are snubbing them because you feel you have a superior bike? Isn't that what a lot of the Harley guys do to us and some get upset about it.

I wave at anyone on any kind of bike. Maybe it is all they can afford but they are still out there riding just like the rest of us.
:agree:yes yes and yes :agree:

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
I used to wave at them, but they rarely wave back. So I only wave at them if they wave at me first.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I wave at anyone on any kind of bike. Maybe it is all they can afford but they are still out there riding just like the rest of us.[/QUOTE]

My family of 5 have some form of 2 wheeler of some sort. The people in my town never know what to expect to see us drive around here. I've proven I'll ride anything that has 2 wheels and up.(at least once)Even my 5 yr old rides a razor(he's good and always wears boots and helmet). So I can't fault a guy for what he rides. I wave at all and doesn't matter if they wave back. Just being polite:welcome::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
I wave at everyone. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup: Even the people who cut me off. :verymad::verymad: Just a different kind of "WAVE" for them. :evil::evil::evil::evil:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How do you tell if a person riding a scooter is a dwi convict? Do they ride with a sign that says "Hi I'm convicted of DWI". :dontknow:

Just curious because some of those you wave at on bikes could be DWI convicts as well. Maybe its me, but I can't see how you can just look at a person and know their past history.
Funny you should ask! The way Lafayette is laid out, the work release facility is the only destination on 9th street for mopeds/scooters. I take 9th street into town a lot. If they were not DUI, they would drive a car there.

And yes I might find a guy on a motorcycle that is one. Would never know. This thread is about scooters.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
You have obviously either not been to "Man Law School" or, you have just plain forgotton Man Law #1.

Man Laws:
(1) A "man" does not in any way, shape or form, receive financial support from his mother or gaurdian. In fact, a "man" will indeed help his mother or gaurdian financially if needed.
(2) You cannot refer to, observe or practice "Man Laws" until you can pass Man Law #1.
(101) A man will not use adjacent wall urinals next to an occupied urinal if there are other urinals available.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts