M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess we know who the real men are around the Richmond area now. Germ, myself and a friend named Ray did the Iron Butt run from Richmond, VA to Brunswick, GA yesterday. Two riders didn't show, and all the other so-called Richmond riders could not handle it.

Rob, CJ, Danny, Wayne, and especially DAVE. You big bunch of babies. What a bunch of women!! (no offense to the real females on the board)

Roger (you get a pass for still recovering from injury).

:doorag:We did 1,069 miles starting at 5:30 a.m. and returning 1:00 a.m. What a awesome ride!!! Thanks again Steve.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I would've gone, but I had work yesterday, on top of dealing with insurance after a 15 year old broad totaled my car on Wednesday.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Didn't someone once say......

" there was no ride if there are no pics? "

But, full throttle up and down the East coast leaves little time for snapping pictures.

I'm happy to hear everyone had a safe ride.

My hand is healed.... I had to catch up with the grass cutting..

after 4 days of rain.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
ok a few pics

early start

drying gloves

Steve, watch where u are looking

turn around location

proof

kids remember, speed kills...

End..picture taken courtesy of Henrico County Police

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
give me time you old coot!

·
Registered
860 Posts
To be first-timers at an IronButt ride Ray and Bruce were really good sports. They never complained and had good times at the gas stops, eating, drinking, and talking. They had a real test in the beginning with rain off and on until we reached South Carolina. From then on down and back the weather was perfect. We covered 1,069 miles in 20 hours and could have made a little better time but for two problems, Ray looking for gas in the middle of Nowhere, North Carolina and Bruce's constant wardrobe changes at every gas stop and losing his luggage. Seriously, they did very well and now I guess I've got to give Bruce some slack. Ray is a mechanic at Ken's Cycle in Highland Springs. The 2 M109's and the C90 performed flawlessly. I was surprised by the amount of new asphalt between here and Brunswick on I-95. OOINKK called this morning to see if everyone made it back ok, thanks, Rob.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I guess we know who the real men are around the Richmond area now. Germ, myself and a friend named Ray did the Iron Butt run from Richmond, VA to Brunswick, GA yesterday. Two riders didn't show, and all the other so-called Richmond riders could not handle it.

Rob, CJ, Danny, Wayne, and especially DAVE. You big bunch of babies. What a bunch of women!! (no offense to the real females on the board)

Roger (you get a pass for still recovering from injury).

:doorag:We did 1,069 miles starting at 5:30 a.m. and returning 1:00 a.m. What a awesome ride!!! Thanks again Steve.
Some people work for a living! LOL....Glad yall had a great Ride Bro! Oh....By the Way....how many miles do you have on your 9? I have 20K.....Nuff Said....."Baby" :-*:-*

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Congratulations !!! your Rite of passage is Complete, here is a Taist of what you missed while you where Soaking your new Blisters :D

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congratulations !!! your Rite of passage is Complete, here is a Taist of what you missed while you where Soaking your new Blisters :D

wow, i love black leather...

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
oonikk tell all you Iron Butt buddy's it take a real man to do 300 mile to Twistys , but go in a strait line :dontknow:

One more thing ooinkk, Who the guy with the PINK on his 9:dontknow:that's not very manly:D

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
oonikk tell all you Iron Butt buddy's it take a real man to do 300 mile to Twistys , but go in a strait line :dontknow:

One more thing ooinkk, Who the guy with the PINK on his 9:dontknow:that's not very manly:D
You got a problem with PINK? I got your MANLY!

That's ok TBud, I am used to getting grief from ooinkk, but I didn't expect it from you. See you at the summer meet, unless you are skeered to show. lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeh that 1000 miles straight down the second busiest highway in the country, driving all night, riding with those truckers falling asleep due to company demand and cut backs, just to prove I can get a sore A_s is what I need to make me a man... Actually Bruce, I was all snuggle with my "stacked" beautiful wife at 9 PM all warm :edit: while you were trying to determine how in the heck you would be able to have that seat surgically removed from your tail at 2 AM! Your right, Silly me! PS How much money did you make doing this? LOL

·
Registered
472 Posts
hey ooinkk, why don't you tow your bike down newport news tomorrow for bike night. i figure u probly don't even have it off the back of your truck yet. lol

1 - 20 of 36 Posts