M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am well aware that this has been a thread a few times now but I still am having trouble with it. I am 29, perfect credit, homeowner, no tickets or accidents and I have struggled to get my insurance to $90 a month on this bike due to cc's. How are you guys and gals pulling of resonable rates. If you don't mind give me some stats and who u insure with. I need to get mine down...... It is not that I cannot afford it but rather don't understand paying half the bike payments in insurance every month.. I have Allstate now. Thanks

·
Registered
195 Posts
I only caring liability and comp. No collision. If you research accidents on cruiser style bikes, 84% a accidents they are involved in is a driver of an automobile's fault. I'm 35 with the same stats as you and I pay with Progressive $211 year for coverage. I could pay and extra $300 a year for collision but I really think it's a waste of money.  If you are a beginner motorcycle rider, I'd caring collision. Otherwise there is an 84% chance you will never need it. Think about it.

Get your free quote with Progressive at...

http://motorcycle.progressive.com/

And no, I don't work for Progressive. I just shopped around and they were by far, the lowest, most reputable company out there.

·
Registered
297 Posts
45 years old with clean record. Have full coverage with towing for 380 a year with Geico. I had Progressive with my M50, but they were still 150 dollars more.

G

·
The state that you live in does have a bearing on the cost. Your coverages, your limits, deductibles, etc make a big difference. Also, if you have not taken an MSF course, i would take one. Here in PA, you save 10% right off the top by taking one and passing one. That does sound like alot of money. I have 5 points and two speeding tickets and pay 900 a year for full coverage for two bikes. I am 46 and my other bike is an 04 Wing. I have Geico. I hear Dairyland is pretty reasonable as well. That is the company who underwrites Harley Davidson riders, but writes any bike as well.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
$511.00 a year...full coverage...with 100.00 deduct. I don't agree on not carrying collision...becuase of a statistic ?...to save few hundred bucks...no way, not smart. I know guys that have ridden for years and had solo accidents on expensive bikes...and thank god for full coverage.

38...homeowner, ex. credit ,motorcycle licensed for 17 yrs, no accidents/tickets and multi car policy.

·
Registered
287 Posts
29 years old, great credit, home owner and married.  $520 a year for full coverage with a $200 deductible. No tickets in about 8 years or so.

·
Registered
16 Posts
45 years old, New York resident (no, not the city) highest limits available, comp & collision w/ $250 deductable = #325.00 per year.

If this helps you at all..

Krieghoff

G

·
33 yrs old with speeding tickets(big ones) and no accidents. I go with American Family and I pay just under $400 a year for mid-grade full coverage.

G

·
Insurance is hard to compare across the country.  I have State Farm for EVERYTHING (House, 2 Cars, Motorcycle, Boat in salt water with Ocean access, Life) and still feel like I am getting ripped.  The area I live in in general has one of the motorcycle theft rates in the country though. I pay about $40 month for the M.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have allstate w/ 100,000/300,000 full coverage except medical I pay $472 for the year!!! $100 deduct.

30, exc. credit, multi car discount, no tickets , married.........live in florida.

·
Registered
101 Posts
56 years old, 2 motorcycles: 2005 Goldwing and 2006 M109R, and I'm only paying about $350 per year total for both. What brought my premiums way down was to discontinue uninsured motorist coverage. Whoa...you say, why would anyone do that? Well, because it only covers medical costs and my employer's insurance covers that fully. Okay, you could also get "pain and suffering" with uninsured motorist coverage, but I'd rather significantly lower my premiums now rather than count on getting a big payoff (kinda like the lottery).

·
Registered
355 Posts
Progressive is the way to go. I am 44 and homeowner, my rate is 350 a year and the only thing I didnt get was PIP.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I have "109R Insurance Envy". Where you live definitely dictates your premium. I'm 41, no tickets, even have "safe driver points" on my license, but because I live in TAXACHUSSETTS, I pay $999 for only this bike (full coverage). So I'm definitely envious of all these cheap quotes. Oh, the kicker is that Progressive and Geicko both will not insure in this lovely state. That's how bad the drivers are here. So I'm gettin' ripped too.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
580 year should go down a bit next year...........( I hope ;))

·
Registered
214 Posts
i have Foremost Ins. 1-800-237-2060. they provided me with 'the' best price period. not Geico, not progressive, not even state-farm!!! and the lady on the phone was really nice and helpful, good~luck!!! :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
5 Posts
:super:I just signed up with Allstate full coverage in Tennessee (they carry all of my other policies) $511.00 varies slightly with levels of protection.  It was a 100.00 cheaper than progressive which no one can believe.  It seems all the VTX riders are paying less thought.  Don't ask me why.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts