Votes: 31 77.5%
  • Stock

Votes: 9 22.5%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 LE (pics below) Im think about doing white powdercoat wheels? What do you guys think? Ive seen some pictures on here but never seen white wheels in person. If i do decide to powder coat them how hard is it to do the hud also? or should i buy the chrome cover? All opinions welcome!

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I think they would look great!! I am a lil bias though LOL

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you paint your hub yourself? I clean my bike everytime i ride now so im not worried too much about the brake dust.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Did you paint your hub yourself? I clean my bike everytime i ride now so im not worried too much about the brake dust.
Yes I did, along with the rims. 90% prep work 10% actual painting.......

Edit,,,,,,,,,,The hub I painted on the bike. Took the tire off of course, And masked off the swingarm, and covered everything else.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
there is a pick of a white on white 9 in the whites only section. and dayum it looks great. i say go for it man!:bigthumbsup:

G

·
I have a 2009 LE (pics below) Im think about doing white powdercoat wheels? What do you guys think? Ive seen some pictures on here but never seen white wheels in person. If i do decide to powder coat them how hard is it to do the hud also? or should i buy the chrome cover? All opinions welcome!

Besides sucking to keep clean, I say go for it.

I wish Suz would have offered something besides silver for the wheels. I think on the lighter colors like white and silver, maybe a black wheel or something to set the bike off!

Had my green wheels on the ZX-7 below powdercoated black, and totally changed the look!

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
I think it would look good. Are you going to powdercoat them or paint them? Powdercoat would be the best way, IMHO.

Good luck and post some pics when you are done.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think it would look good. Are you going to powdercoat them or paint them? Powdercoat would be the best way, IMHO.

Good luck and post some pics when you are done.
If i do it i will powdercoat for sure

·
Registered
155 Posts
white rims

See tkrsmith0329 pics Blue wheels White stripe 07 Blue -White Le:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
159 Posts
I suggest polishing the outter part of the rim, to include the "triangles" on the center and painting or powder coating the center white. I have a silver 9 I am in the middle of doing mine. I am painting the centers black though. About the hub, you can sand and polish it and it will look awesome. I painted mine black to match the wheels. Once I get them done I will put some pics on here. It is a lot of work, but looks good when done. I have the rear wheel just about done. I have to sand a bit more on one side of it......apparently the night I did the second side, I went outside and it got drunk out........need to sand some scratches out of it. The hardest part of the job is getting all the freaking machining lines out and making it smooth......I would love 15 minutes alone with the dude running the CNC at Suzuki.....

·
Registered
423 Posts
Besides sucking to keep clean, I say go for it.

I wish Suz would have offered something besides silver for the wheels. I think on the lighter colors like white and silver, maybe a black wheel or something to set the bike off!

Had my green wheels on the ZX-7 below powdercoated black, and totally changed the look!
The 2010 and 2011 come black

1 - 15 of 15 Posts