M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out that my Roady2 will work without a FM reciever. :doorag: I've had this thing for at least a year and didn't know that till this morning when a VTX guy said it would work :bigthumbsup: so I wipped up a little mount using one of Kewlmetals air switch mounts and put a knob on the back so I could take if off without tools and I think this is going to work great for our trip, I just wish I knew this a long time ago. :redfaced:

·
Registered
750 Posts
Re: Wipped out a little GPS mount

Are you going to be able to see your bike after you mount everything! :eek:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Swede said:
Are you going to be able to see your bike after you mount everything! :eek:
Good question. I think I'm going to have to leave the DVD player off for this trip. ;)

G

·

So.....is the title incorrect? Shouldn't this be an XM radio mount and not a GPS mount? LOL.... :eek:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

chadrob30 said:
So.....is the title incorrect? Shouldn't this be an XM radio mount and not a GPS mount? LOL.... :eek:
:redfaced: :redfaced: :redfaced: :redfaced: :redfaced:

·
Registered
898 Posts
Re: Wipped out a little XM mount

now if you could just figure a way to whip out some sub woofer mounts i would be set :joke: can't listen to Johnny Cash the first white rapper without a sub now can you? :duck:

khrome

G

·

Lamonster said:
Always like catching the boss in a mistake...lol! :D :bigthumbsup:

Where's the antenna going to be?

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

VeeHa said:
channel 49 lamonster?
track 14 :doorag:

chadrob30 said:

I'm playing with that now. I'm going to see if it will still work under the rear cowl.

G

·

Very Nice...My brother in law bought a intruder and we were discussing this very topic...a set of small speakers hidin ,....would be cool... :bigthumbsup:

G

·

you are da' man never cease to amaze me!!!! what's next?? sat tv? can the 109 handle all the add ons

·
Registered
3,501 Posts

Lamonster said:
Umm, well while you're busy changing the thread title, you might want to change the spelling of "whipped" also. :p :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
127 Posts

i like it a lot. i wish there was some way to generate power for these things so that we would not have to rely on batteries :doorag:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

M109Rider said:
Umm, well while you're busy changing the thread title, you might want to change the spelling of "whipped" also. :p :bigthumbsup:
You know I knew that didn't look right. :redfaced: :redfaced: :redfaced:

taijiman said:
Where are you going to put the M109r coffee cup holder and the central air vents?? :read:
Dang, I forgot about that. :dontknow:

chadrob30 said:

The antenna didn't work very good under the fender. ::) I made a little mount off of the mirror instead. :bigthumbsup:
Remember guys this is just for my trip, it all comes off pretty quick when I just want to be cool. ;) :doorag:

G

·
How about mounting the antenna under the front headlight nacelle/cover. That is the tallest part of the bike and somewhat easy access. Close to your radio too. Just a thought.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bruno said:
How about mounting the antenna under the front headlight nacelle/cover. That is the tallest part of the bike and somewhat easy access. Close to your radio too. Just a thought.
It's working great where it is now. :bigthumbsup: It's right above the clutch lever mounted off of the mirror stem. And it's chrome. :doorag:

·
Registered
61 Posts

Lamonster said:
Remember guys this is just for my trip, it all comes off pretty quick when I just want to be cool. ;) :doorag:
damn I hope so, its starting to look like you may need a full fairing for it soon....  :joke:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts