M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I installed LED endcaps in my grips that include both running lights and signals. The running lights work fine, but they signals don't... ???

I installed a new flasher module for LEDs and the normal signals flash, so I know it works, but the LED endcaps still don't flash so I am wondering if I maybe spliced the endcaps into the wrong wire up front?

I checked the pins with a volt meter and thought I had the right wire...

Does someone have a photo or color guide to indicate which wire I should tap for the turn signals (front)?

Thanks,

Chip

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I`m not sure what wires you need but all you need to do is use a test light to find the wire that blinks when tested with the signals on and tap into that wire not to hard to do only 2 wires per side for options!!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, did that and still no flashy... :dontknow:

I'll try again...see if I did something wrong.

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
does the endcap signals have 2 or 3 wires coming from them

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Well, the black with wht stripe is the ground. The orange with stripe is the running. The left and right have different colors one is green with stripe and the other maybe black with no stripe( not for sure on that, but it will be the only color left). You might also check the fuse just incase.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, with that info i will check to see if I crossed a wire...but the running lights were fine...just don't blink.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
you may have the running wire plugged into the flashing wire so that the lights are so bright you can't see the flash in the bulb. And the back lights would be flashing right.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
OK, with that info i will check to see if I crossed a wire...but the running lights were fine...just don't blink.
there is a posibilty you have the wires crossed and they are blinking but it is just the running lights blinking if so you would not be able to see them blink if you have the blinking lights alread lite up because they are brighter!! just a thought

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
why I asked 2 or 3 is on my front light I only had two wires so I had to order a duel element circuit so that mine would work as running and turning thought that might be your situation but I guess not sorry

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I checked everything including running a better ground (to the batt -) and still no flash. Could it be the flash unit the dealer sold me is incorrect? It works on the regular signals, they flash, but the LED endcaps don't and I verified I had the correct wires. Hmmm...

The thing is, I can see them flash ever so faintly but no matter which direction I test, they both pulse very faintly...which is why I changed the ground, but that didn't fix it...I am at a complete loss...

Anybody got any further ideas? :dontknow:

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Sounds like you have the marker wire hooked to the flasher wire so the light is real bright on the marker and you just about can see the flashing in the back ground. Your flasher is brighter then the marker. So if you have the marker wire hooked up the the flasher the marker is to bright to see the flash working on your marker filament. Just try switching the two wires around.

Dave

1 - 13 of 13 Posts