M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a V-Stream sport which works great for me, but it doesn't do much for the passenger. My wife gets head buffeting and lots of wind.

Does anyone know of a windshield that will take the wind off of the passenger as well. ??

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
The buffeting is actually coming from your V-Stream. As air flows over the shield, it starts to swirl at some point due to lower pressure behind the shield. All that swirling/disturbed air mixing with the faster moving air above the shield gives you all the buffeting.

This is a real problem on the C50T/C90T. I had my windshield adjusted as high as I could get it. But at around 80 mph, it would buffet my helmet to the point that it caused blurry vision. I finally removed the shield all together. When the M109R was available, I got rid of the C90T too.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
when i had all my corbin stuff, that front fairing was great for her and me. she friggin loved that thing, but was not the direction i was going with my 9.

G

·
I have a V-Stream sport which works great for me, but it doesn't do much for the passenger. My wife gets head buffeting and lots of wind.

Does anyone know of a windshield that will take the wind off of the passenger as well. ??
You have 2 options: Get a much taller windshield, or a much shorter wife.:joke::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I had the exact same problem when I bought my 9. I had the V-stream touring and the wind just skimmed the top of my head, which I thought was great. The wife took a thrashing from all the turbulence, so I got rid of it and bought the Rifle Solo. There's one in the 4-sale section right now for $170. I think they're like $300 new.

-Josh

·
Registered
1,358 Posts

On a serious note .....

A friend of mine with a connie has been looking into a specialized windscreen for his bike . It seems that some hot shot science nerd at cal tech bought himself one and has been working on developing the perfect windscreen that has little to no drag , no buffeting and provides protection far superior to any other windscreen ...

Now that being said ... two totally different bikes , different ride heights ( passenger on the nine sits high as already mentioned ) and I am sure there are other differences that could be noted however ..... this is about as much as I think you will find .... your passenger gets to hide behind you and if they wear a full face helmet I think that is about as good as you are going to get ...... well short of installing an F16 canopy on your bike ....

·
Registered
976 Posts

My wife rode with me before I got my Vsteam touring and after. She felt there was less wind after. Not sure why from the previous posts but I'm going to let her continue to believe that and keep the speed below 75....just in case.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the replies. Even the smart ass ones. :joke: :)
Looks like the only shield mentioned here that worked for the passenger was the rifle solo.
Hey Gottattooz,
Does it block the wind from your wife totally, or just better than the V-Stream?

Thanks again all

1 - 17 of 17 Posts