M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I know there is a lot of info regarding favorite seats and sorry for starting a new thread about the subject but trying to make heads or tails with the info is tough. I ride an '08 C109. I am 6'2", 235 lbs. I know the Russel Day Long is custom made to your physical specs and disperses your weight more evenly vs on your tailbone. Does the Ultimate seat do the same or similar? I have tried to read as much as I can from everyones input, I am at the point of order and quite undecided on which one to get. As a lot have stated, these cost a lot of $$$. Thanks for any and all input. Happy New Year.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I have the Ultimate. Been real happy with it. I have put many long days in it riding. Last season 3 times I did over 1000 miles in a day with it. Many days over 500. I am 5'10'' and about 260 lbs. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
729 Posts
I have the full meal deal from Ultimate. No complaints from me or my better half. Expensive, but worth it.

·
Registered
415 Posts
....I am at the point of order and quite undecided on which one to get. As a lot have stated, these cost a lot of $$$. Thanks for any and all input. Happy New Year.
I have the Corbin and really like it. If interested I can get you a decent quote on one.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Russell day long

Hands down Russel "Day-Long" seats are the best. Followed by Ultimate. If ultimate had made the "Big Boy" for this bike that's what I would have gone with

The Russel is custom made to your height, weight and riding position.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi all, wanted to thank everyone for their input on which seat to get. Well I just ordered the Russel. Almost got the Ultimate but I read a review where it was said the rider felt he could not move his arse in the seat if he needed to, and someone in a different review mentioned he could move around a little in the Russel if needed. Thanks again and I hope I made the right decision.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mustang

Good call. I bought the Mustang seat, and though it is a really quality seat, it does push you too far forward and isn't as large a seat for those of us with bigger...ahem...cabooses. I am 6'4 about 300.... :(
Almost prefer my old stock seat for comfortable riding position.....looks sharp though.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Good call. I bought the Mustang seat, and though it is a really quality seat, it does push you too far forward and isn't as large a seat for those of us with bigger...ahem...cabooses. I am 6'4 about 300.... :(
Almost prefer my old stock seat for comfortable riding position.....looks sharp though.
the stock seat does do great for seating position over all, just need a foot prop cause the floor boards could have been farther forward. I have been considering a Suzuki gel seat instead of the aftermarket ones

·
Registered
623 Posts
I have the Suzuki gel seat on my C50 and it is almost as nice as the Mustang seat on my M95. Would or could I personally say it worth the difference in price, no.

Just my .02

Terry

·
Registered
23 Posts
Which seat

I've just installed a Mustang seat and I love it. My misses has a problem with her tail bone but with this seat she is so happy.
It sits a fraction lower and forward which is OK for a short arse like me. (5'8"). The width of the seat makes flat footing a little harder.

The back rest for the rider is excellent.

·
Registered
45 Posts
OEM Gel Seat

I recently took my gel seat off my C109RT and replaced it with a Mustang and I love it. I only used the gel seat appr. 8 months if anybody might be interested in it before I post it on ebay.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've just installed a Mustang seat and I love it. My misses has a problem with her tail bone but with this seat she is so happy.
It sits a fraction lower and forward which is OK for a short arse like me. (5'8"). The width of the seat makes flat footing a little harder.

The back rest for the rider is excellent.
Your Mustang is a little lower than stock? I am debating between a Mustang and Corbin. I put a Mustang on my Vol, and I sat slightly higher. No big deal on the Vol, but I don't think I want that on the C.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Tried a few

And went with the Ultimate Seat. was the most comfortable. Plus, I could drive over to the shop and pick it up!

·
Registered
643 Posts
I recently took my gel seat off my C109RT and replaced it with a Mustang and I love it. I only used the gel seat appr. 8 months if anybody might be interested in it before I post it on ebay.
is it a studded gel? standard cut?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Corbins....

They're ok for 100 or so miles. They're a bit firm. I went with the Ultimate seat. 19" wide for the rider. bought mine used from C-list. $325.00, came with rain covers. Had to buy the back rest, front and rear. Best upgrade for a long ride, IMO.
Your Mustang is a little lower than stock? I am debating between a Mustang and Corbin. I put a Mustang on my Vol, and I sat slightly higher. No big deal on the Vol, but I don't think I want that on the C.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts