M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i am new on here guys i live in u.k. not to many M109Rs here and the after market is not that good i have done a few little things as funds permit and now i want to have a better set of pipes to do the bike justice and get rid of the stock pipes i want something with a awesome sound possibly shorter or slashed i would like possibly a black pipe please throw your ideas at me !!!! :hot: so i can decide what i will go for you guys have more knowledge on this machine so your advice will be appreciated.:a18:

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I just got a set of Vance and Hines Bigshots on my bike. They are shorter then stock, slach/staggered cut and I am 100% happy with the way they sound. I can only describe it as, "Bassy, Deep, Pow Pow" type of sound, they sound good on idle and amazing when you gas it! Thats just my opinion though. Im sure you can get them powdercoated ;)

·
Registered
79 Posts
RE:

I've done a lot of searching and a lot of watching of YouTube in the last 3 months for pipes... I just purchased the Scorpion Exhaust Tips for my 109 last night. Cant wait to get them. They're short but look very cool. And of all the pipes I've looked at, they are by far the cheapest!!! ~$200:bigthumbsup:

http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=7435&str=290

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
There is no one answer for you.

Scorpian tips give you short, LOUD and keeps the factory SET. Get them powdercoated and you have your black.

A Supertrapp morpher sounds great and let's you adjust for backpressure and sound.

I love the Sideburner, which you can cut short.

Basani makes a nice short pipe that comes in black and would be a straight boly on option.

In the end, it comes down to taste.

Good luck

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think i am looking for a dragster type pipe short maybe slashed or the curved type slashed i do like the looks of the black but its just some ideas or any pics would be awesome thanks guys:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool !!!

they are nice can you get them shorter and in black ??? or were could i source these from 2.25drop,tach drop,bassani pro street

·
Registered
79 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
You can get the sidburner 2 into 1 in black. I know you said drag pipes. Just food for thought, they sound very good. Just my 2 cents. BTW, :welcome:to the forum

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi i am new on here guys i live in u.k. not to many M109Rs here and the after market is not that good i have done a few little things as funds permit and now i want to have a better set of pipes to do the bike justice and get rid of the stock pipes i want something with a awesome sound possibly shorter or slashed i would like possibly a black pipe please throw your ideas at me !!!! :hot: so i can decide what i will go for you guys have more knowledge on this machine so your advice will be appreciated.:a18:
Hitch,

I am rockin Cobra Dragsters....LOVE THEM!!!! I get a chubby everytime I start 9! Plus you will be noticed and they will get the :edit: out the way! Good Hunting!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Like most people say, it's personal preference, but, however, this year in Daytons I was privleged to chat for quite awhile with Dave, the owner of Thunder Manufacturing and his coment was that a 2 into 1 will give you the most power out of our bikes. I called the Techs at Thunder to get their opinion on my pipe set up, which is the Cobra swepts and his comment was the exhausts with the balancing chamber between both pipes work good as they help to achieve the 2 into 1 effect, Cobras, Vance & Hines,,,, good luck with your choice,,,

Rick

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Like most people say, it's personal preference, but, however, this year in Daytons I was privleged to chat for quite awhile with Dave, the owner of Thunder Manufacturing and his coment was that a 2 into 1 will give you the most power out of our bikes. I called the Techs at Thunder to get their opinion on my pipe set up, which is the Cobra swepts and his comment was the exhausts with the balancing chamber between both pipes work good as they help to achieve the 2 into 1 effect, Cobras, Vance & Hines,,,, good luck with your choice,,,

Rick
2 into 1s are the best for performance gains, but I prefer the looks of 2 into 2s, however that's just my opinion and opinions vary....

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
2 into 1s are the best for performance gains, but I prefer the looks of 2 into 2s, however that's just my opinion and opinions vary....
2 into 1 give better torque and duals flow better at higher RPM's ...
they both have performance gains , just in different ways

1 - 18 of 18 Posts