• stock

Votes: 3 4.0%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Paladin wants to know which sound better

I have looked, but have not seen a poll on which pipes sound best. I have Cobra sweeps which of course I think sound best. Not to loud, but I still have to sneek out of the hood. And I love the jake brake effect when slowing down, or dieseling for those who don't know what a jake brake is.

If you know a better way of getting a better poll please feel free to restart with the better way.???:doorag:

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
These are opinions not facts. It is subjective to everybody's opinion. Go see them in person so you can see and hear them on a 9 first. Then spend your well earned cash.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
You should have classified by names. Not all 2 into 1 sound the same, etc. And true, my pipe sounds better than yours, so my opinion really isn't worth that much.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
I voted short 2 into 1s...

I truly believe that this is an issue that will never be confirmed one way or the other, simply because everyone's taste in what sounds better is different in most cases. Based on the experience of currently having the Raw Performance exhaust on my '07 M109R, and having my two best riding parteners who have the Side Burner Long Chrome exhaust on their M109Rs, I believe that the Raw Performance is #1, and the Side Burner is a strong # 2. My next M109R (which I hope to have by the end of this year) will have the Side Burner Short exhaust.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I like my hard krome 2 into 1 sideburners. If you want to sound like a big block muscle car going down the highway with open headers these are for you!! Bwwwwwaaaaap!

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have Slash cut Cobra's. The baffle does make a huge difference. I left mine in. With them out they have a harsh metallic rasp and the decel snarling sounds horrible IMHO. With the baffles in they sound much more refined. That classic Harley like sound that most people like. ( I know I Know I used the "H" word in a positive almost complimentary manner). lol!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have Slash cut Cobra's. The baffle does make a huge difference. I left mine in. With them out they have a harsh metallic rasp and the decel snarling sounds horrible IMHO. With the baffles in they sound much more refined. That classic Harley like sound that most people like. ( I know I Know I used the "H" word in a positive almost complimentary manner). lol!
:agree: sounds like crap without baffles. too much garbage noise. Modify the baffles :bigthumbsup: and then wrap them and you get a clean deep rumble

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Why not just ask LTT he's owned most of the ones out there along with some customs. He ought to be an expert.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts