M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always used the OEM factory suzuki oil filters but i am thinking of using wix oil filters for the 109. Any thoughts or opinions.
Thank you
Eric. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Moonbaby said:
I swear by amsoil anymore... always had good luck with em..
Ditto, that is all I use these days. For a $7 filter you can't do any better IMO.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Suzuki filter right now................. K&N filter tonight when I do my 2nd oil change :bigthumbsup: ....................... and will go with Amsoil filter next time.
I am going to be using Amsoil 20W-50 when I do my oil change tonight , but I already had the K&N filter so I'll wait and use a Amsoil filter next time ;)

·
Registered
267 Posts
K&N filters have the hex head so you can use a 17mm, I think, wrench to remove them. With the radiator cowl on our bikes, this comes in handy. Plus if you have to have chrome on everything, they come in black or chrome.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
sledzep01 said:
Does the Amsoil one have the NUT???

What is the part # for the K&N

Sledzep
No, the Amsoil doesn't have a nut on it.................. Its the K&N that has the nut on it

K&N part # KN-138

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
crazytank7 said:
I have always used the OEM factory suzuki oil filters but i am thinking of using wix oil filters for the 109. Any thoughts or opinions.
Thank you
Eric. :bigthumbsup:
Why would you switch from the factory filter? Have you ever had a problem with a OEM filter?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Wix makes great filters but I would say that I have to stay with K&N. My .02

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
bob109 said:
Why would you switch from the factory filter? Have you ever had a problem with a OEM filter?
Because the K&N has a nut on it, and makes removal/replacement SO much easier :bigthumbsup: and the price difference isn't that much IMO .

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bob109 said:
No i have not had any problems i am just tired of paying 13.00 for 1 oil filter when i can purchase 2 WIX filters for 13.00... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
ITguy said:
Ordered 3 OEM Suzuki filters and the special wrench online with shipping was a little over $30 best I remember. Picked the first one up at the Suzuki shop and it was $13. :eek: Once these are gone I'll probably go with the K&N's simply because the nut would make things easier.
You got gyped. The retail on the OEM filter is $9 or so. I got an OEM filter yesterday for about $7.50. Next time I'll probably get a K&N.

·
Registered
13 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts