Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,770 Posts
I love my pitbull. STABILITY!

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
All made by the same company

for the most part. I just bought this one from harbor freight tools. Most of their stuff I wouldn't buy but as for a $89.00 cycle jack, this one worked great and stable. The area I work on isn't perfect level and this jack held it stable even when pulling the 240 off the back. I'm not much of a fashion/buying a name type-o-guy LOL. If it works for a great price, It is mine.

http://www.harborfreight.com/1500-lb-capacity-atv-motorcycle-lift-2792.html

·
Registered
35 Posts
I Bought the steel Craftsman jack from sears. it locks in three possessions to take the weight off the cylinder. Fits under the bike perfect and is vary stable.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I've tried the craftsman and I don't like it. The bike tends to rock and also I will be using the jack as a dolly to put my bike to side. Garage space is kinda tight right now and I would like to be able park both of my vehicles in there along with my bike.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
my buddy has the J&S one and i have used it with my 9 and it seems pretty nice. its the only one that i have used besides my lift table so i might be biased...

·
Banned
15,179 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
i also have the yellow craftsman one and i think its awesome....

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Getting ready to pull the trigger on this one, everyone still happy with it? How stable is it when moving the bike around? Sears reviews seem pretty good overall. Thanks for any input:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Harbor Freight has had their aluminum lightweight jack (believe it is the same one that Sears carries) for $109.00 on sale. Unfortunately, it is back up to $169.00 now though.

http://www.harborfreight.com/lightweight-aluminum-motorcycle-lift-94715.html

I have the red Sears one and it is very stable as long as you have it correctly balanced under the bike and use the straps tied down to your handlebars. I use mine as a dolly with no problems.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Getting ready to pull the trigger on this one, everyone still happy with it? How stable is it when moving the bike around? Sears reviews seem pretty good overall. Thanks for any input:bigthumbsup:
I have this one for the same reason of moving the bike around and it's great.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
for the most part. I just bought this one from harbor freight tools. Most of their stuff I wouldn't buy but as for a $89.00 cycle jack, this one worked great and stable. The area I work on isn't perfect level and this jack held it stable even when pulling the 240 off the back. I'm not much of a fashion/buying a name type-o-guy LOL. If it works for a great price, It is mine.

http://www.harborfreight.com/1500-lb-capacity-atv-motorcycle-lift-2792.html
Funny, I was just looking at this one sat morning

1 - 20 of 31 Posts