M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
In TEXAS a helmet is not required. I ride the outer countryside without.
But DALLAS is crazy with crappy imported drivers from (choke-choke) other states way to the East and West of here, I won't name.... So a SHARK EVO that allows full face and the flip back open face for most rides.

·
Registered
6,240 Posts
In TEXAS a helmet is not required. I ride the outer countryside without.
But DALLAS is crazy with crappy imported drivers from (choke-choke) other states way to the East and West of here, I won't name.... So a SHARK EVO that allows full face and the flip back open face for most rides.
New Yawk City and Commiefornia. LOL!!!

I moved to Oklahoma from CA 20 years ago this month. Loving it! No smog checks, no safety checks. See vehicle on the road that would never be allowed in CA. Carry a firearm without a permit. Carry any type knife you desire, including switch blades. Saw a guy at Pop's on Route 66 , in the motorcycle hangout area, one fine day, 1911 on his right hip, bowie knife on his left. AWESOME!!

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,639 Posts
Since I purchased my M109R in 2018 I wore a full face Shoei X12 Glory edition for highway and cooler weather , summer time though a harley carbon fiber half shell has to be 85 to 90 though for local riding
I have a Shoei X11 Kyonari blue that I bought from a member on here a few years ago for something like $60. It was brand new and included the clear and the mirrored shields. Kind of wild for my tastes, but it's a good helmet. Don't wear it often.
Didn't ask him why he was selling it for $60, or where it came from. :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have a Shoei X11 Kyonari blue that I bought from a member on here a few years ago for something like $60. It was brand new and included the clear and the mirrored shields. Kind of wild for my tastes, but it's a good helmet. Don't wear it often.
Didn't ask him why he was selling it for $60, or where it came from. :)
I've got an X-eleven and an X-fourteen , both are Noricke Abe replicas , the 11 was $620 around 2005 , the 14 was $1000 a couple of years ago , they're not cheap helmets. The shields are more than $60.

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
6,004 Posts
I retired my RF-1200 because it was over 6 years from manufacture date. I got a new RF-1400 which I love, but I have been unable to get a photochromic shield for it yet. (They are supposed to be available in October.)
Shoeis fit me well, and are a high quality helmet.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I retired my RF-1200 because it was over 6 years from manufacture date. I got a new RF-1400 which I love, but I have been unable to get a photochromic shield for it yet. (They are supposed to be available in October.)
Shoeis fit me well, and are a high quality helmet.
I prefer the Shoei orange high definition shields , day or night.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts