M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stock front tire is about to bite the dust and I've got the E3 250 on the back and I really like it. I'm not interested in running a rear tire on the front and I'm looking at the E3 front on DLP. Good tire or not ???

·
Radio Active Member
27,665 Posts
I am going to try the run the Metzler on the front and the E3 on the rear next time. Some of the E3's have a high speed wobble.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
I ran the Elite IIIs front and back before I went with Metz tires. The Elite IIIs are great tires; you won't be disappointed in them.

I do think Metz tires are the cream of the crop but nothing wrong with Elite IIIs.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
E3 good, Metz 160 better

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
I'm running the Elite 3 front and rear, no problems to date with 5,000 miles on them. Keep them inflated to near 42 psi and they will last longer and have good tread wear. This was same advice for getting miles out of the stock tires, of which I got 11,000 miles.

I've experienced no high speed wobble with the E-3s, no unusual tread wear, and they seem to stick in the corners just fine. And, yeah, I scrape my pegs often.

·
Registered
257 Posts
My stock front tire is about to bite the dust and I've got the E3 250 on the back and I really like it. I'm not interested in running a rear tire on the front and I'm looking at the E3 front on DLP. Good tire or not ???
the E3 is good for the front.. i like the stock tire just as well.. running an E3 250 on the back

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys appreciate the feedback. Will go with E3 this time. Cheers

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
My stock tire cupped picked up the e3 130 it also wore uneven and had wobble at about 60mph with less then 1000 miles on it switched to the 160 Metz and is the best mod i have done.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Front E3 on for $155 on DLP right now. I herd the 150/60 rubs the front fender?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
e-3 radial 150 J and P
e-3 bias 140
There was another thread here talking about the 221 I think that it was the wrong tire for the application but I could be wrong. Lots of guys use the metz backwards 160/60 no rubbing and the dunnie D251 150/60r going the intended direction it was made for. no rubbing. the dunnie is more expensive then the metz by I think 10 dollars at JP but like you said I didnt want to put a back tire on the front.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Tire Replacements

I just swapped my OME tires and got the METZ 130 on front and 260 rear. MAN WHAT DIFFERENCE!! The difference is a smoother ride over the stock tires. Thanks to this web site, and the fellas who post good info, I"m a happy rider once again.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Metz 160. Remember to mount the tire in reverse direction. It´s a rear tire, that you use in front

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've broke down and purchased the replicator rim and a 280. I want to get the 160 for the front. Are there any concerns about mounting the 160 on the stock rim?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I've broke down and purchased the replicator rim and a 280. I want to get the 160 for the front. Are there any concerns about mounting the 160 on the stock rim?
There are no concerns what so ever but you need to mount it in the reverse rotation.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts