Votes: 29 59.2%
  • Black Cobra Tri-Pros

Votes: 20 40.8%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I've known for a while that I wanted to go with a 2-1 system and really like the RB Velocity Pros and was thinking I would have them ceramic coated to go with a theme I want to go for. Well I just saw the black cobra tri-pros on a bike and they look great too... So my question is... ceramic coated Velocity Pros or black cobra Tri-pros??

Just found this pic, it's member djohansen77 bike, hope he doesn't mind ;)... if I'm not mistaken these are the Velocity Lites (Velocity Pro's minus the end cap)

of course the black Cobra Tri-Pro's

·
Registered
61 Posts
Big Difference

From what I understand, there is a huge difference in the sound of these pipes. What I have read from others here on the forum state that if you like the sound of your stock exhaust, you will like the Tri-Pros. Quiet.

The Velocity Pro's are quite noticeably louder. At Idle, they have a deeper tone and not a whole bunch louder, but under acceleration you know they are there.

I think it really depends on what you want to accomplish with the pipes. Looks or sound.

Your best bet is to go to YouTube and search for M109 Exhaust and there are quite a few video;s and sound clips of the Velocity Pros. I think there is one on the forum here for the Tri-Pros.

Hope this helps.

Steve:doorag:

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
I have the Tri Pros and love the sound. But that was what I was looking for, a quiet 2-into-1. BTW, they are louder than stock on acceleration and deceleration. But at highway cruising spped, they are real close to stock.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From what I understand, there is a huge difference in the sound of these pipes. What I have read from others here on the forum state that if you like the sound of your stock exhaust, you will like the Tri-Pros. Quiet.

The Velocity Pro's are quite noticeably louder. At Idle, they have a deeper tone and not a whole bunch louder, but under acceleration you know they are there.

I think it really depends on what you want to accomplish with the pipes. Looks or sound.

Your best bet is to go to YouTube and search for M109 Exhaust and there are quite a few video;s and sound clips of the Velocity Pros. I think there is one on the forum here for the Tri-Pros.

Hope this helps.
I know it depends on what I want to accomplish but this is a poll and I'm looking for YOUR opinion on what YOU think about the two choices.

I know how they both sound to a certain degree, I mean video can only sound so good but I'm hoping both people with either pipe will chime in or people who have heard both exhausts in person will speak about the sound. As far as appearance goes, tell me what you think and why... If someone has an observation I've never thought about that could make my decision and easy one...

Right now, from what I've heard the VP sound is what I'm after but I am REALLY diggin the looks of the black TP

Steve:doorag:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ever considered the Sideburners. Thats what i'm running. quiet at idle not too bad at low rpms. Great sound when crackin it hard.:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ever considered the Sideburners. Thats what i'm running. quiet at idle not too bad at low rpms. Great sound when crackin it hard.:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:
I personally don't love the look of the sideburners, I prefer the look of an exhaust the exits the rear and not the side, just my preference anyway... at WOT they do sound sweet tho!!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Velocity Pro's... look awesome and I like what your thinking of doing with them

:bigthumbsup:

Pull that trigger Knuckle

·
Registered
343 Posts
these work well and they are linked pipes as well

·
Registered
337 Posts
Quiet at idle? Compared to what, a jet? I put them on and the sound reminded of my old El Camino with straight headers. They are holy bejeezus loud, and I love them.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
these work well and they are linked pipes as well
Those actually look pretty cool but am wanting a 2-1... votes are telling me the RB Velocity Pro's are the winner and that's really the way I was leaning but LOVE the looks of the Cobra's as well... let the ordering begin!!! :p

·
Registered
385 Posts
between the 2 in the poll, if you going by looks alone, it depends on how much chrome is on the rest of your bike. if you have little chrome, #1. lots of chrome, #2.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Those are almost exactly what I am looking to put on mine! Did you make them custom or can you buy them?
Dude check the post date this thread is 3 years old you might have better luck sending him a pm or Google search the exhaust

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Dude check the post date this thread is 3 years old you might have better luck sending him a pm or Google search the exhaust

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
At least he knows how to use the search feature. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
913 Posts
At least he knows how to use the search feature. :bigthumbsup:
:agree:

And now that CanuckleHead has had the pipes for a while he can get an honest opinion ;)

·
Registered
405 Posts
I have the black Cobra tri-pro, I love them! The sound and the look!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
913 Posts
Those are almost exactly what I am looking to put on mine! Did you make them custom or can you buy them?
From the look of his signature, they are custom pipes. Although I could be wrong.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts